some issues for developing with SDK packages on 8k pro.

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

humorhxu

some issues for developing with SDK packages on 8k pro.

PostTue Oct 23, 2018 1:28 am

Dear, we are preparing to use the SDK packages to do some add-on function development on Decklink 8k pro. The basic requirement of us is to sending a channel of video stream out with one SDI connector and then receiving its response video stream in with another SDI connector. The video stream format could be either 1080i, 1080p, or 2160p. Therefore, the SDI transfer rate may range from HD to 3G, 6G or 12G.
I noticed that the duplex mode COULD be set with either bmdDuplexModeFull or bmdDuplexModeHalf. Basing on the requirement above, we need both SDI in and SDI out, so here we SHOULD set it as bmdDuplexModeFull, right?
Another issue is about the setting of link configuration. Since I only need ONE SDI in and ONE SDI out, here I SHOULD set it as single-link, right?
One more question is about the transfer rate. How could I know the exacted SDI transferring rate that the physical connector is working on? Should the transferring rate adapted automatically with the difference format of the outgoing video stream? If so, 1080i means HD (1.5Gbps), 1080p means 3Gbps, 2160p means 6Gbps, and 4320p means 12Gbps, right?
Then, the last question: could the SDI in and SDI out working independently and their transferring rate reach 12Gbsp simultaneously?

humorhxu

Re: some issues for developing with SDK packages on 8k pro.

PostFri Oct 26, 2018 3:45 am

Why so long time and no any responses to my questions? I don't think my questions are so difficult to answer for the 8k pro developing engineers.

Cameron Nichols

Blackmagic Design

Re: some issues for developing with SDK packages on 8k pro.

PostWed Oct 31, 2018 3:56 am

Hi Xu,

Yes you are correct:

bmdDuplexModeFull will configure the DeckLink 8K Pro with single-link or dual-link input
and output.
bmdDuplexModeHalf will configure the DeckLink 8K Pro with single-link, dual-link or quad-link input
or output
The actual SDI data rate is dependent on the video format that has been configured when the output is enabled. And yes in full duplex mode, the SDI input and outputs can work independently using IDeckLinkInput and IDeckLinkOutput object interfaces.

Regards
Cameron

Return to Software Developers