Clock in MultiView labels

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Grega Podrekar

Clock in MultiView labels

PostTue Nov 06, 2018 10:48 am

Dear Blackmagicdesign. Is it possible for you to include two timers in Multiview display? I think it is quite possible without some really hard coding. I notice, that I really do not need labels "Preview" & "Program" in multiview. What I would like to have there is a clock. Instead of label "Preview" I would put in option to display real time clock with date, instead of "Program" I would put in timer. The timer resets itself to 0 every time input source for "Program" changes.

I can do that already with some scripting, but as you can see in video, it flickers overlay display every time when I update the data (I can script every 60 seconds or every second - it is variable depended). So I think it would be much simpler to add simple stopwatch and clock in place of these two labels.

You could go even further and you could accumulate how much single source had AirTime (in program).

Is it doable?

Here is a video of how I have done it. The "problem" is that it flickers overlay in Multiview - the source input is OK.

Thank you
grega
Attachments
45455366_10217284825101551_3900142016314474496_n.jpg
Multiview labels with clock content.
45455366_10217284825101551_3900142016314474496_n.jpg (47.37 KiB) Viewed 3872 times

Xtreemtec

Re: Clock in MultiView labels

PostTue Nov 06, 2018 11:36 am

Great application to overcome the issue of not having a clock on the MV.

The Flickering you see has always been in the Atem while updating the labels. It seems the labels go out for 1 frame and then rebuild with the new labels. This is what you see.

But i would rather have the option to add the clock to a color picker.. Those can be added as source into your MV. And just a clock showing time of day or Timecode would make live much more easy as a broadcaster.

And yes i know people have work arounds with software and raspberry pi's and suchs.. But it would be good to show the actual Timecode running in the Atem. For the 2me / 4me you can ingest timecode.. But for the smaller switchers there is timecode from start switcher. Would be nice to sync that to the atem software to do a sync button that pushes time of day to the Atem from the computer.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Grega Podrekar

PostTue Nov 06, 2018 11:42 am

What I find even more "usable" is a timer of Air Time, or how long is a source in PGM. When doing live shows it is nice to know how long your angle in PGM out is. You can be consistent... Sure, you can have macro or something for timings, but it is nice to know.
I think Blackmagic could include this with not much of a expense.
Why I like it to have this in labels is the problem of 8 (10) windows. I have 3 cameras, 2 computers and Hyperdeck + 2 MediaPlayers. That fills up all spots in MV.

grega

Bnpositive

PostSun Dec 12, 2021 2:36 pm

I absolutely LOVE this suggestion! I'm by no means a veteran and it surprises me that I can't get a timeclock to display anywhere in multiview.

Return to Live Production