BRAW SDK Win : is the CUDA sample supposed to work ?

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

antoine

BRAW SDK Win : is the CUDA sample supposed to work ?

PostWed Nov 28, 2018 5:13 am

Hello all,

I am just trying out the Blackmagic RAW SDK and would like to know if the CUDA Sample is supposed to work out of the box, without changing anything ?
I get "Failed to set cuda pipeline !", most probably because the commandQueue is null.. Even if I create my own empty CUstream (cuStreamCreate( (CUstream *)commandQueue, CU_STREAM_DEFAULT);) it doesn't change anything.

Any help would be appreciated !

Thanks
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

Re: BRAW SDK Win : is the CUDA sample supposed to work ?

PostFri Nov 30, 2018 3:16 am

Hey, do you have CUDA Toolkit 8.0 installed? It's required.
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

antoine

PostSat Dec 01, 2018 10:48 pm

Hello,
I have the 10.0 version installed, the example compiles fine. Do you need CUDA Toolkit installed to run CUDA software ? I don't think so, I think the GPU drivers are enough.

ProcessClipCUDA.exe given with the Blackmagic RAW SDK archive doesn't work either. And DaVinci Resolve runs fine when I select CUDA in the preferences and import Blackmagic RAW footage.
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Dec 04, 2018 10:32 pm

You need to include CUDA 8 at compile time, its required for the SDK. Try that and post back.
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

antoine

PostWed Dec 05, 2018 4:33 am

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. I will try.
If this is indeed true, that wouldn't explain the ProcessClipCUDA.exe given with the Blackmagic RAW SDK archive not working.

antoine

PostWed Dec 05, 2018 8:59 pm

Working now, thanks a lot ! Where was it written that version 8.0 was needed ? Couldn't find that information

The answer to my previous question is that DaVinci Resolve is shipped with the DLLs of CUDA 8.0 :)

Return to Software Developers