DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K output not correct

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

hansuk

DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K output not correct

PostWed Dec 12, 2018 2:45 am

Hi,

I have DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K, SmartView HD, and HyperDeck Studio Pro. My project is to output live image from other source to SDI. To begin with, I ran SignalGenerator example in DeckLink SDK.

With setting of 1080p30, and any pixel format (8-bit, 10bit / yuv, rgb), SmartView HD shows right image but preview monitor of HyperDeck Studio displays wrong color of color bar. (pink-green-violet-darkgreen-pink-green-violet-darkgreen) It is same on 1080i60. But 2160p30 is OK.
I also have a medical monitor, FS-L2403D from FSN. On this monitor, in 1080p30 mode, not only the color is wrong, the image stretched horizontally so only four bars displayed rather than 8 bars.
Interestingly, SmartView HD shows right pattern and color, and connecting SDI output of smartview HD to other monitor or hyperdeck studio, they show right image.

So, I suspect DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K and SDK have minor error, and the receiver which supports 3G-SDI format recognize in wrong format. Please check this issue and solve it.

Tested SDK version is 10.11.2 on Linux and Windows, and 10.11.4 on Windows. They all have problems.

Return to Software Developers