Input discovery on Duo 2

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Rob Erickson

Input discovery on Duo 2

PostSat Feb 02, 2019 2:03 am

When I try to use the DeckLink Duo 2 card, I am having trouble accessing some of the inputs through the SDK. I'm on a Linux CentOS 7.5 system using Blackmagic DeckLink SDK 10.11.4.

I create an IDeckLinkIterator, and iterate through the IDeckLink objects and I find 2. Each of these has an input, and I'm able to get video and audio through these 2.

However, the card itself has 4 input ports - why do I only see 2?

On a similar note, does this act as two cards? I see 2 of these on the PCI bus:

Code: Select all
$ lspci | grep Blackmagic
03:00.0 Multimedia video controller: Blackmagic Design DeckLink SDI/Duo/Quad
04:00.0 Multimedia video controller: Blackmagic Design DeckLink SDI/Duo/Quad

In a similar vein I have a system with a DeckLink SDI 4K card in it. I see only 1 channel for it, and one device on the PCI bus - and it's oddly, the same device. Like so:

Code: Select all
$ lspci | grep Blackmagic
01:00.0 Multimedia video controller: Blackmagic Design DeckLink SDI/Duo/Quad

Can I get some direction?

Rob Erickson

Re: Input discovery on Duo 2

PostTue Feb 05, 2019 6:18 pm

I did get some direction from the support line. The 4 ports can be configured using the DesktopVideoSetup tool to be enabled for input, and then they should appear.

However, for our product to support the Black Magic cards, I need a way to set this up automatically. Is there any way to control these settings either from an API or from a command line interface? Something I can use in an installer or management tool?

Return to Software Developers