Automatic Mode Detection of RGB444 ?

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Jason Rhodes

Automatic Mode Detection of RGB444 ?

PostThu Feb 14, 2019 11:04 pm

Hardware:
- Blackmagic DeckLink Duo 2 card

Driver/SDK:

Using the Windows Sample SDK projects:
- Signal Generator
- Automatic Mode Detection

Setup:
- Loopback cable from Channel 1 to 2 on the Duo.
- Signal Generator attached to Channel 1
- Automatic Mode Detection (modified) to listen on Channel 2

Results:

- When modulating the Signal Generator Output between different Video Formats, the Mode Detection application reports the changes. GOOD

- When modulating the Signal Generator Output between different Pixel Formats, the Mode Detection application does NOT report any changes. BAD

- Modifying the Mode Detection to default to "bmdDetectedVideoInputYCbCr422," then attempting to pump RGB444 from the Signal Generator DOES trigger the ColorSpace change, but it reports that the new mode is also "bmdDetectedVideoInputYCbCr422." BAD

- If I step through the Signal Generator code, everything seems good. Pixel Format is bmdFormat10BitRGB. The "Bytes per Row" value is correct. Then I send that frame. On the receiving end, I can detect the frame arrived, but its not RGB444 and the "Bytes per Row" is lower (the YCbCr422 value.)

Basically, I can't get the SDK to recognize any Pixel Format received other than YCbCr422.

Any suggestions?

Return to Software Developers