SDK - Detecting Video Input

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

__Me__

SDK - Detecting Video Input

PostTue Feb 19, 2019 7:24 pm

I'm using the SDK and the Decklink duo 2. I'm able to preview and capture video without issues, but I can't find a way to query the card to see which inputs are attached to a live video stream. We sometimes have one camera attached, sometimes 2, and I'd like to be able to automatically detect this. Right now, I've had to hard-code which input might have a camera attached, and then in the DrawFrame routine in the IDeckLinkScreenPreviewCallback check to see if the camera has sent a timecode (all of our cameras do).

It seems there would be a more direct way to query the device to see which inputs have incoming video streams, but I can't find it.

Thanks

Cameron Nichols

Blackmagic Design

Re: SDK - Detecting Video Input

PostThu Feb 21, 2019 9:41 pm

Hi Mark,

You can use the IDeckLinkStatus interface to detect whether you have an active signal - use the Status ID bmdDeckLinkStatusVideoInputSignalLocked [1].

You can then create a IDeckLinkNotificationCallback interface to provide a callback function when the signal lock changes. You will need to implement the IDeckLinkNotificationCallback::Notify method [2].

Please review and run the StatusNotification example in the Desktop Video SDK package to see how this is done.

Regards
Cameron

References
[1] 2.7.59 DeckLink Status ID
[2] 2.5.34.1 IDeckLinkNotificationCallback::Notify method

monirratan

PostFri Mar 01, 2019 4:16 pm

Help me... 8k pro
I can't use 4 inputs why. My 8k pro card capture only one input source. Can edit SDK for solve this issue. My PC 2nd genaretion core i3 16gb ram and 4gb Nvidia Gpu.

Xtreemtec

PostFri Mar 01, 2019 5:32 pm

The 8K pro is only 1 input 1 output card!! It can do a Single link, Dual link or Quadlink connection. But still only 1 source in / out! Not 4 sources!!
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

renu13

PostTue Mar 19, 2019 10:25 am

Hey,
Thanks for sharing such input, keep sharing.

Return to Software Developers