DVP hangs on dvpBindToD3D11Device

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

rjameson

DVP hangs on dvpBindToD3D11Device

PostFri Jun 14, 2019 1:44 pm

Hi, I'm trying to push a couple of cameras connected to a DeckLink Duo through to a VR headset, and I'm stuck on the DVP transfer of the camera frame to the GPU. I'm following the loopthroughWithDX11Compositing example, but in my code, on the second or third frame, the dvpBindToD3D11Device call hangs. My best guess is that I have the DX11 device set up in a way that makes DVP unhappy, but the whole process is a bit mysterious. The loopthrough example works fine on my, BTW. I have to set up the DX11 device in a way that works with the VR headset.

Is there more documentation on the DVP SDK other than the header file in the samples? Or, better yet, is it immediately obvious from my meager description what might be happening?

rjameson

Re: DVP hangs on dvpBindToD3D11Device

PostFri Jun 14, 2019 3:49 pm

Turning on the D3D debug context illuminated the problem. Turns out that the render thread was drawing at the same time that the bind call was being called, which is apparently forbidden.

Return to Software Developers