Atem Constellation & C#: Problems getting AudioMixer Object

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

JNeundorf

Atem Constellation & C#: Problems getting AudioMixer Object

PostTue Jul 16, 2019 12:16 pm

Hey,

I have written a software to control most parts of the Atem 2 M/E. However I am currently upgrading to the new SDK 8.0.0 with a new ATEM constellation, but I have some problems with the communication.

In the old one I could just get my audio mixer object like that:

this._audioMixer = (IBMDSwitcherAudioMixer) this.m_switcher;

However when I try it with the atem constellation I just get the error:

Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'BMDSwitcherAPI.IBMDSwitcherAudioMixer'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{BCED8CA2-E915-4701-87D4-F68045701E09}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

Any ideas? I thoughtthat they did not change somethin there or?

Xtreemtec

Re: Atem Constellation & C#: Problems getting AudioMixer Obj

PostTue Jul 16, 2019 2:57 pm

The Atem Constellation has a fully redesigned and new Audio mixer inside. I am not surprised that there will be a complete redesigned COM component to drive this audio mixer setup as the normal audio mixer control of the other atems is kind of limited in functionality.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

JNeundorf

PostWed Jul 17, 2019 5:10 am

That's true, but as far as I could see the basic functionality is the same, we just have much more possibilites.

It would be great if we can get information about what is usable with which ATEM version since in the SDK documentation there is no difference made.

But I just realized that there are some problems in the version 8.0.0 with the ATEM Constellation, but since there is a bug in the update process which freezes the ATEM. I have to wait for the next version 8.0.3.
I will investigate further with the new version.

Cameron Nichols

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Jul 19, 2019 5:46 am

Hi Julian,

Both the ATEM Constellation 8K and ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K implement the enhanced Fairlight audio mixer. You can reference the audio mixer by querying interface type IBMDSwitcherFairlightAudioMixer.

On both these products, query of original audio mixer interface IBMDSwitcherAudioMixer will return HRESULT = E_NOINTERFACE.

Regards
Cameron

JNeundorf

PostTue Jul 23, 2019 11:14 am

Hey Cameron,

thank you very much. That already helps a lot, then I can start integrating this one.

Would be nice to add the hint directly in the documentation!

Regards
Julian

Ian Morrish

PostFri Jul 26, 2019 4:15 am

Hi Cameron,
Can you expand a bit on the difference/relationship between FairlightAudioInputs and FairlightAudioSources.

Regards,
Ian
Regards,
Ian Morrish
Video Integrated Scripting Environment
(Windows PowerShell with ATEM driver + more)
https://ianmorrish.wordpress.com

Cameron Nichols

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Jul 30, 2019 6:44 am

Hi Ian,
  • IBMDSwitcherFairlightAudioInput: An object representing an input audio source, eg from SDI or XLR input
  • IBMDSwitcherFairlightAudioSource: A lower-level audio object, allowing manipulation of the audio source settings either as stereo or split into dual-mono.
Regards
Cameron

JNeundorf

PostTue Jul 30, 2019 8:14 am

Hey Ian,

I think that one input is related to one source and you can only get the source with the parent input. At least it seems like that in the C# SDK.
Most of the editable options like muting, etc... are now done on the source and not on the input like it was in the old IBMDSwitcherAudioMixer interface.

Regards
Julian

Return to Software Developers