Peacock’s Twisted Metal Graded With DaVinci Resolve Studio

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Grace McInnis

Blackmagic Design

Peacock’s Twisted Metal Graded With DaVinci Resolve Studio

PostThu Nov 16, 2023 3:16 pm

Blackmagic Design today announced that the first season of streaming service Peacock’s “Twisted Metal” was graded by Senior Colorist Charles Bunnag at post production house Light Iron, part of the Panavision group of companies. Bunnag used DaVinci Resolve Studio editing, grading, visual effects (VFX) and audio post production software, as well as DaVinci Resolve Advanced Panel, for the final color grade of the show.

“Twisted Metal” is a high octane action comedy based on an original take by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick (Deadpool, Zombieland) and written by Michael Jonathan Smith (Cobra Kai). The series is about John Doe (Anthony Mackie), a motor mouthed outsider offered a chance at a better life, but only if he can successfully deliver a mysterious package across a post apocalyptic wasteland. Based on the classic video game, it also stars Stephanie Beatriz, Samoa Joe, with Will Arnett and Thomas Haden Church.

Always interested in as much background as possible as he begins a new project, Bunnag wasn’t familiar with the video game series, but immediately began his research. “I haven't played video games since I was a kid, so I wasn't familiar with the IP, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out that many of my friends, colleagues, even my sister in law, were fans of the series,” said Bunnag. “I learned more about the game, and as I started looking at some of the dailies, I saw that Anthony Mackie was giving a surprisingly humorous performance. At this point, I decided to just go on instinct as I began to grade. In my first session with MJ [showrunner Michael Jonathan Smith] I came to understand that the idea for the show was simply to have a good time.”

For more information, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0231116-01

Return to Announcements