Zac Brown Band Tour Using Blackmagic Design

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Grace McInnis

Blackmagic Design

Zac Brown Band Tour Using Blackmagic Design

PostTue Dec 19, 2023 5:31 pm

Blackmagic Design today announced that Zac Brown Band’s Creative Director Tyler Lord has switched to Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro and Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 digital film cameras, upgrading to a cinematic look for the band’s social media and YouTube content and to help meet the workflow demands of today’s tour videographer. He also uses DaVinci Resolve Studio editing, grading, visual effects (VFX) and audio post production software, DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard and DaVinci Resolve Micro Panel for post production.

With a background in business, film, and color grading, Lord began filming for live events and clubs locally in Toronto, eventually working with artists such as Steve Aoki, Kygo, Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus, finally teaming up with Zac Brown Band in 2018. He’s been nominated for Top Tour Photographer by the iHeart Music Awards and was most recently out on tour for Zac Brown Band’s 2023 “From the Fire Tour” which concluded last month having spanned more than 30 shows in North America and the UK.

“I did a full blown switch to Blackmagic Design,” Lord explained. “Outside of the cinematic footage, the biggest workflow upgrade I have found is with the new 16:9 vertical aspect ratio shooting format from the Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro, which is essential for all the social media content we produce. It allows me to see what is in frame and not compromise video quality. I honestly love this feature in addition to how versatile and small the camera is. I discovered I could shoot both ProRes and Blackmagic RAW, easily take it on the road, use a gimbal instead of a Steadicam, and it would still give me exceptional quality.”

For more information, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0231215-01

Return to Announcements