“Luhan Reloaded:2016” Concert Live Streamed with Blackmagic

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Kerry de Boer

Blackmagic Design

“Luhan Reloaded:2016” Concert Live Streamed with Blackmagic

PostTue Oct 11, 2016 1:51 pm

Blackmagic Design announced that four URSA Mini 4K PL cameras and an ATEM 1 M/E Production Studio 4K with the ATEM 1 M/E Broadcast panel were used by Guangzhou based Guangdong i-Mass Vision to provide a live feed of Chinese singer Luhan’s solo concert tour. The tour, named “Luhan Reloaded: 2016,” was streamed exclusively by ME, a mobile live streaming app of China’s leading social entertainment platform YY Inc.

With the concert, fans were able to interact with the singer in real time on smartphones via the ME app during pre show rehearsals and warm up as well as during the show, changing the way fans take part in a music concert. The concert was also shot completely on digital film cameras from Blackmagic Design, rather than EFP cameras. “Concert lighting tend to be complex, which brings you both extreme brightness and darkness at the same time. So we decided to use Blackmagic Design’s URSA Mini 4K digital film cameras for its wide dynamic range,” said Jiang Weizhong, director of Guangdong i-Mass Vision.

Four URSA Mini 4K PL cameras were used, with each equipped with a Blackmagic URSA Mini B4 Mount. All cameras were set in film mode for the widest possible latitude. “Besides a much wider dynamic range, using the film camera for live production gives you another advantage because it includes an internal high quality recorder, which means even in live production, you get film quality footage from each camera, great for postproduction, without hanging an external recorder for each camera,” said Jiang.

To learn more, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0161010-01

Return to Announcements