John Ridley Shoots with URSA Mini 4K

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Kerry de Boer

Blackmagic Design

John Ridley Shoots with URSA Mini 4K

PostTue Oct 25, 2016 1:17 pm

Blackmagic Design today announced that Director, Producer and Academy-Award Winning Writer John Ridley (“12 Years a Slave”) is using the URSA Mini 4K digital film camera on several television and film projects, including the TV mini-series “Guerrilla” currently filming in London, among others.

Ridley often has a spontaneous shooting style for which the URSA Mini 4K comes in handy. “My experience thus far with the URSA Mini 4K has been exceptional,” he said. “It is an amazingly versatile piece of equipment that allows me to not only use it in every phase of production, but to do so in a variety of ways.”

Using the URSA Mini 4K for previsualization (previz), Ridley notes that the camera’s efficient user interface allows him to “run and gun” with his thoughts focused on the scenes that he is building, rather than the complexities of filming. “I’m a freak for shooting before shooting, but I have found historically there were few, if any, offerings that had the durability of professional equipment, but that were also intuitive enough creatively so as not to collide with spontaneity,” he explained. “Importantly, I didn’t want a piece of kit I had to lug around in hopes I might need it. With an emphasis on the ‘Mini,’ the URSA Mini’s form factor allows it to be ever present. Even the tools that facilitate the greatest creativity can’t be of use when they are not at hand.”

To learn more, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0161025-01

Return to Announcements