DaVinci Resolve Studio Used on "Please Tell Me I'm Adopted!"

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Stephanie Hueter

Blackmagic Design

DaVinci Resolve Studio Used on "Please Tell Me I'm Adopted!"

PostThu Feb 23, 2017 7:04 pm

Blackmagic Design today announced that DaVinci Resolve Studio was used to edit, grade and finish “Please Tell Me I’m Adopted!,” an original shortform comedy series from Wraptastic Productions premiering March 6, 2017 exclusively on Amazon. DaVinci Resolve Studio was used by Chris Sobchack, executive producer, to handle the entire post production process.

Created by series star Nicole Sobchack, “Please Tell Me I’m Adopted!” follows free-spirited, wide-eyed, disaster-magnet Tiffany (Nicole Sobchack). Tiffany loses her boyfriend, job and home all in one day and is forced to move in with her newly married sister Emma (Andie Karvelis) and Emma’s husband Bob (Ben Kacsandi). When Tiffany tries to regroup, she ropes Emma and Bob into her crazy, often culturally-current escapades with outrageous and hilarious consequences, and a parade of quirky characters follow.

What began from a Second City Conservatory graduating class sketch, “Please Tell Me I’m Adopted!” was eventually reimagined as a one-off YouTube video. However, after the first production meeting, Nicole awoke the next morning with the vision that it was actually a shortform episodic series. “When it came down to it, we just wanted to make the series,” explained Chris. “What was amazing was the outpouring of support. The entire production was crowd funded by the generous support of friends, family and strangers. Because it was a DIY, indie project, we needed to keep costs down, but still get a professional workflow, which is why we chose DaVinci Resolve Studio.”

For more information, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0170223-01

Return to Announcements