Japan’s dTV Video Streaming Service Uses URSA Mini 4.6K

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Kerry de Boer

Blackmagic Design

Japan’s dTV Video Streaming Service Uses URSA Mini 4.6K

PostThu Aug 10, 2017 12:57 pm

Blackmagic Design announced today that dTV, one of the most popular Japanese online video streaming services, used Blackmagic URSA Mini 4.6K PL to shoot a movie for the dTV VR, their streaming app for VR content. Tsutomu Umezawa from Tokyo’s D-CORD shot the movie and post production was done at Tokyo’s POWER GRAPHIXX Inc.

dTV VR is a dedicated VR app which allows audiences to watch 360 degree video content via a smart phone with or without VR goggles. dTV recently renewed the app and created a new vertical video to be displayed when a viewer opens the app. The video includes models wearing VR goggles with minimum movement, almost like a photograph, all of which was shot with green screen backgrounds.

Tsutomu Umezawa, the video’s DP, who is also a still photographer, was tasked with creating a video that felt like advertising photography. “I shot models wearing the VR goggles on green screen and those goggles were decorated with flowers and plants. Since I was requested to make this video more like advertising photography, the movement of the models were limited. Yet I let the flower petals swirl around, which added some movements in the picture. Also, the final image’s background is slightly moving, so it gives the unique feeling of a still and moving image, like between a movie and photography.”

To learn more, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0170810-01

Return to Announcements