Kei Ikeda Uses URSA Mini Pro 4.6K for Popular Japanese Bands

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Kerry de Boer

Blackmagic Design

Kei Ikeda Uses URSA Mini Pro 4.6K for Popular Japanese Bands

PostWed Oct 11, 2017 2:50 pm

Blackmagic Design today announced that Kei Ikeda, one of Japan’s leading music video DP, videographer and screenwriter, and also the founder of production company ISAI, used Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K to shoot a number of music videos. He has used the URSA Mini Pro 4.6K to shoot videos for some of Japan’s leading musical acts, including popular artists such as KOTORI and Hysteric Panic.

Ikeda shoots and directs many music videos and concert videos, and has created a large number of award winning short films and a feature films. Since founding ISAI, Ikeda has been recognized as a pioneer who has opened up new ways for the visual expression of music.

“The first time I used the URSA Mini Pro was for the band KOTORI, when making their music video for the song ‘Blue.’ The client first asked me to shoot with a film camera, however we did not have enough budget for a film shoot, so I looked for something we could get in a similar image that was within the budget and we reached to the URSA Mini Pro 4.6K. I shot in 3K anamorphic sensor mode so I used a prime lens for still photography, with an anamorphic adapter, SLR Magic,” said Ikeda. After shooting he used DaVinci Resolve’s Camera RAW setting to create the desired look he wanted for the video.

To learn more, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0171011-01

Return to Announcements