Blackmagic Design Used on Kana Nishino’s latest Music Video

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Kerry de Boer

Blackmagic Design

Blackmagic Design Used on Kana Nishino’s latest Music Video

PostTue Dec 05, 2017 5:44 pm

Blackmagic Design today announced that Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro and DaVinci Resolve Studio were used for popular singer Kana Nishino’s new music video for her song “Girls.” Nobu Sueyoshi both directed and shot the video, and Toru Miura, a colorist and DIT from Spice Inc., provided color correction.

Kana Nishino is a Japanese female singer and song writer who has received a number of music awards in Japan. Her latest single, “Girls,” is a song designed to cheer all women up. To capture that feeling, the music video shows Kana Nishino walking down the streets of Tokyo and also includes close ups of her singing with a beautiful sunset light and flare, giving a very soft and warm look.

“I rather prefer a look which is kind of low contrast and soft, and not too much of a high contrasty and crisp image. I knew that Blackmagic’s camera was good for shooting the image of my style, which is why I chose URSA Mini Pro. The camera has a built in ND filter which allowed me to shoot more easily. Also, the swappable mount is a great advantage as I wanted to use anamorphic lenses, so I needed a PL mount,” said Sueyoshi.

To learn more, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0171205-01

Return to Announcements