Announcing Blackmagic Production Camera 4K

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

KCIUK

Re: Announcing Blackmagic Production Camera 4K

PostSat Dec 21, 2013 6:22 pm

Frankly Mr BMD, this is a little disappointing !

I have to say you truly need , with the world wide interest your products create, a way more efficient professional communications department. To take your very, very long awaited BMPC and post release footage in the wrong zip format to be widely receivable is , for a technology company, shocking !

After all the disappointments your clients have had with the delayed release of this camera, however cutting edge your ground breaking creation is , to then allow this stupid oversight to go unanswered for days (when we have all fed back right across the net that the zip archive is a problem) is one of the most amateurish displays of customer interaction I have seen.

There is no rant in this , no damage is intended , you could and should see this as constructive because I do feel that if you cant, whatever you can engage with your technological wizardry ... you will disengage with such stupidity.

harrison mason

PostSat Dec 21, 2013 11:06 pm

Hay Guys can you take a look at this video on vimeo.com the guy that shot it is saying it was on production camera 4k do you thank it's real or fake because when he shows the camera and the follow focus is blocking the 4k symbol :?: :?: :?: :?:

vimeo.com link:

Plfilizzola

PostMon Dec 23, 2013 1:37 pm

The footage of the beta test looks great except for errors in the highlights in the LED headlight of audi (+ - 1 minute).

harrison mason

PostMon Dec 23, 2013 3:42 pm

Plfilizzola wrote:The footage of the beta test looks great except for errors in the highlights in the LED headlight of audi (+ - 1 minute).

How do you know if it is a production camera 4k and not a 2.5k camera :?:

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Dec 23, 2013 4:49 pm

He states in the notes that he shot this with the 4k.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

TheLightFactory

PostTue Dec 24, 2013 5:19 am

Plus it looks more crystal than any bmcc footage I've seen, gotta love that 4k sensor
Mark

Sergei Smolovich

PostThu Dec 26, 2013 2:03 am

Merry Christmas to everyone in Blackmagicdesign team and forums ! :)

Nix

PostWed Jan 01, 2014 7:53 am

Happy new year, my friends!!!

Nix

PostWed Jan 01, 2014 7:54 am

Shipping Q4???

Mikael Johansson

PostWed Jan 01, 2014 12:29 pm

Well, Q4 has passed but since I chose to uppgrade to a sony-nex and canceled my BMP I am no longer in the loop. How many of you that have ordered have recieved your cameras and where they worth the wait?

Matt Marshall

PostThu Jan 02, 2014 1:54 am

As far as I had heard they are not released as of yet.

That's why I was checking the forums however it is the first day of the new year and most places are closed so.

Waiting to purchase once they are in and shipping. I hope they have a decently solid ship date soon.

Nix

PostThu Jan 02, 2014 6:14 am

I hope too

entrancefilm

PostThu Jan 02, 2014 12:22 pm

I´m very exited what´s BM extra gift to propitiate their customers.. 1000 fps update ;)

Nix

PostThu Jan 02, 2014 3:11 pm

would be nice is 100 fps

Mikael Johansson

PostThu Jan 02, 2014 6:55 pm

Geoff Baxter wrote:
Buzzby wrote:Well, Q4 has passed but since I chose to uppgrade to a sony-nex and canceled my BMP I am no longer in the loop. How many of you that have ordered have recieved your cameras and where they worth the wait?

Really? I bought a Pocket and am looking to off-load my Sony NEX because it is not as good?

Are you comparing the NEX-FS700 to a black magic pocket cinema camera? Thats like comparing a gopro with a RED.
I'm sorry but I don't think the BM production will beat the FS-700 except in price.

Mike Loshchinin

PostFri Jan 03, 2014 2:27 pm

Hm... I think the price and image quality.
I didn't see any Dynamic Range specifications for FS700...
But yes, those 800fps seem sweeeeeeet :)

Mikael Johansson

PostFri Jan 03, 2014 6:17 pm

mike_clk wrote:Hm... I think the price and image quality.

15 stops of dynamic range vs black magic's 12 stops.
and 960FPS super slow motion, not 800.
120fps att 4K RAW

Dustin Albert

PostFri Jan 03, 2014 7:59 pm

Buzzby wrote:15 stops of dynamic range vs black magic's 12 stops.
120fps att 4K RAW

From what I've reseached people rated the FS700 DR at 11.5 - 12 stops max. Possibly 13 if you used RAW, but then you had to invest in external recorders, if you wanted RAW. Not sure where you found 15?

From what I've learned, it seams as though you're going to spend upwards of $15-20K on the FS700 to get the 2K/4K raw recording out of it.

That being said, you still get a nice image with super slow-mo, so.....it's still an amazing camera.
Never stop learning and trying new things…

Mikael Johansson

PostSat Jan 04, 2014 4:03 pm

I got the information from here.
http://www.motionvfx.com/mblog/sony_fs- ... p2394.html

As soon as I get my camera back from the 4k rebuild I will do a test and see where it ends upp.

Yes the rebuild is very expensive but it still falls way short of the RED and is a nice compact camera for our aerial cinematography, its center of gravity is better with a prime lens than a BMP will be.

Dustin Albert

PostSat Jan 04, 2014 7:36 pm

That makes sense.

I was commenting more on the earlier comments that were attempting to compare the FS700 with the BM4K.

There's really no comparison that can be made as they are 2 separate cameras, so it really depends on the needs.

I have read several reviews on the FS700 and I gather the 11.5-12 stops is more accurate, especially given that the article you referred to mentions "i have heard it gets up to 15…" Plus, I would imagine that a camera with 15 stops of DR and 240 FPS as 2K and 140 FPS at 4K would be much bigger news than the FS700 is (not that it's not still an awesome camera). That would essentially outperform the F55, for less money, even with all the upgrades.

Plus, don't forget that the FS700 compresses with the AVCHD format, which is nowhere near the ProRes HQ format that the BM4K uses.

Anyway, all in all, it's just another tool for the job.

Mike Loshchinin

PostMon Jan 06, 2014 3:37 pm

It would be quite interesting to see real-life examples of FS700 because the demo RAW images on Sony website are nicely detailed but lots of color is missing in dark/light areas; I'd say it doesn't has DR at all, comparing to, for example, BMCC 2.4K samples on the net.
What I love at BM, is an open-source approach to give the technology to public: here's the sensor, chipset and firmware with generic SSD interface, and the rest is up to you! Pure simplicity which gives you freedom to experiment with everything you want.
I LOVE the EX1R I'm using right now, but things like BMCC/BMPC give you another dimension in cinematography to explore.

Dustin Albert

PostMon Jan 06, 2014 10:16 pm

Geoff Baxter wrote:
idut21 wrote:I was commenting more on the earlier comments that were attempting to compare the FS700 with the BM4K.

If you are referring to my comment, I was not comparing the BM4K with the FS700, that is your interpretation. I said I have sold a Sony NEX to buy BMD, and if you Google 'Sony NEX' you will find there are many flavours of 'NEX' other than the FS700.

I waas not referring to your comment. I was referring to Buzzby's spec comment, and the one previous to that.

Sergei Smolovich

PostSat Jan 11, 2014 11:13 am

mike_clk wrote:It would be quite interesting to see real-life examples of FS700 because the demo RAW images on Sony website are nicely detailed but lots of color is missing in dark/light areas; I'd say it doesn't has DR at all, comparing to, for example, BMCC 2.4K samples on the net.

I have a lot of original RAW samples, I place few of them to my server for downloading on FS700 DVXUSER forum couple month ago... but I cannot keep so big files on it too long...
For my opinion Dynamic Range of FS700 is huge in 4K RAW with S-Log2 .. :)
Here is a samples of what I able to get with it:
Original size: http://www.sergecinema.com/temp/A001C01 ... 01_DPX.jpg

Original size: http://www.sergecinema.com/temp/A002C02 ... 01_DPX.jpg

so I ordered BMPC 4K only because I want to TRY IT ... :D I had Sony RAW set for a couple month and shoot some test with it.. Here is it's total cost of it:

HXR-IFR5 interface unit $2200
AXR-R5 RAW Recorder $5350
AXS-512S24 Memory Card $1800
AXS-CR1 card reader $550
V-Lock battery $250
============================
Total: $10,150 (with one card) / $12,150 ( with two cards)
-------------------------------------------
If you want to get a few short samples of Sony RAW- files, I can upload them to my server again :)

Sergei Smolovich

PostSat Jan 11, 2014 11:35 am

Buzzby wrote:
mike_clk wrote:Hm... I think the price and image quality.

15 stops of dynamic range vs black magic's 12 stops.
120fps att 4K RAW

Oh.. my God.. :) .. believe me: 400, 480, 800 and specially 960fps in FS-700 absolutely USELESS!!! :D
In RAW mode with external Sony RAW Set the best is 120fps in 4K for 4 seconds in buffer and 120/240fps in 2K mode unstoppable !
I don't think that I've got more than 12-13 stops of DR in FS700, but it still a LOT! ..
Don't try Odyssey 7Q yet, but it's ordered and I will see how good is it as soon as I get it.. but I still prefer Sony RAW set because of 4K RAW option.. :)

This is my point to get BMPC 4K - If it's 4K DMG RAW as good as Sony 4K RAW and I will be able to match it together - then my SET of two cameras give me the most: 4K in normal speed and the best Slow Motion without buying PHANTOM FLEX 4K :lol:
-------------------------------
There is only one problem: WHEN WE HAVE A CHANCE TO GET BMPC4K ?? :roll:
Blackmagic Design.. ayyy!.. give me an answer, please!!! :D

MagicWego

PostThu Jan 16, 2014 2:22 pm

Hoping its coming very soon ... it would be good as it implements the same 50P and 60p to 1080p and 4K why not :shock:
FLACCOMIO
DoP
Production and Post-Production Cinéma

anotherfrenchy

PostFri Jan 17, 2014 4:14 pm

CJ Ricottone

PostFri Jan 17, 2014 11:44 pm

What I love at BM, is an open-source approach to give the technology to public: here's the sensor, chipset and firmware with generic SSD interface, and the rest is up to you!

is the software truly open source? im looking at upgrading from the 5d mkii and this seems like a promising option... if they decide to ship it.

dwjlm

PostMon Jan 20, 2014 3:46 am

Hey BM, you say the 4k production camera will be available Q4. Will that be Q4 2020? Will that be before Red Alexa, Canon Sony etc etc have 6 and 8k units for less than you PC? What a joke!!!!

Nix

PostMon Jan 20, 2014 4:03 am

Hey BlackMagicDesign!!!) You are here?)

blynx

PostWed Jan 22, 2014 1:29 am

hello,
I registered here to say thank you a black magic .... yes thank you for being probably one of the worst company in the levels of communication .... lie .... and hope to be forgiven by releasing a good product!
I will not bore you with my life, and some will say "I filmed before I filmerai after nothing prevents" .... yes except that some personal reason and proffesionel (budget, communication ....) I relied heavily on the 4K ... I thought she would not have much delay in seeing the other model (the pocket) that is released in good dates ....

Today , after the loss of my works ( and I can not find more work , long live France ) , I had my finances aside for my dream (open society videos ) are in decline , and by some day I would have enough for your camera .... and what to do, bought a dslr like 958548348643 other company already in place?

I counted really bet on the 4k without going up the scarlet red ( too expensive for me ... Anyway, many people will probably say I eral for nothing ( after all I'm french !) but we not all have the same life , not all the same way , and if I eral is that there is a reason .... ! fate between my loss of employment , and the output of this miracle would really been perfect ...

but because of your great communication , which has I thought , I can say goodbye to a dream during the very long year ....

I no more than has found a job in the factory and used my money to go sniffing cocaine on the buttocks of a go .... !

blackmagic thank you again .....but sorry for my english ! :)

PierreEmmanuel

PostWed Jan 22, 2014 11:34 am

Mmm... I caught a flu waiting for the 4k, it was raining outside, and I'm still waiting, should I also blame BM ?

anotherfrenchy

PostWed Jan 22, 2014 11:48 am

Pff....La blague " blynx "!! :lol:

A ce que j'ai compris, tu planifies tous tes projets avec cette caméra, et seulement celle là....alors qu'elle n'est pas encore sûr le marché ??

Je sais pas comment tu travail, mais tu dois pas être vraiment dans le métier toi ! :lol:

Pour faire clair, y a 2 choses simples :

1) Tu dois toujours planifier plusieurs plans de secours, c'est indispensable qu'en tu travail sur un projet (ainsi que le fameux système D appris en cours ^^)

2) La majorité des productions ciné, docu.....même scolaire (!!!), utilise le système de la location pour acheter leur caméra.....

Donc tu peux louer facilement une RED ou une ALEXA ou autre camera 4k 5k ,avec une aide financière de la région ou/et du C.N.C (sans parler des sites participatifs comme Kickstarter) pour ton projet sans pour autant débourser des milles et des cents de ta poche.

Donc la frustration existe autour de cette camera c'est sûr, mais il ne faut pas être de mauvaise foi et prendre son mal en patience, comme la majorité des gens sûr ce forum.

Voilà ;)

Sorry, i don't translate :lol:

blynx

PostWed Jan 22, 2014 12:48 pm

bon je vais écrire en francais (même si je fait plus de fautes qu'en anglais ! :lol: )

donc non n'est pas tous planifié autour de cette caméra , mais vue que justement je ne suis pas du metier ... et je comptais me lancé dedans .... mais déja sans "vidéos témoin" a par quelque broutille au 600D j'ai un peut peur de passer pour un rigolo voit tu ?^^
Et temps qu'a faire j'aurais aussi voulu démarré sur un matériel ou j'aurais pu me faire les dent quelque semaine , que se soit autant du coté tournage que du coté montage ...

pour info je comptai ouvrire une société de production vidéos destiné au entreprise , mariage ....chose que j'ai déja faite au 600D, mais que je voulais ouvrire au niveaux plus "pro" , et ou le 600D fait un peut rigolo a coté de la concurence .... c'est pas les mariage de tati jacqueline la ! :p

Pour info j'avais commandé une scarlet au USA (en serrant les fesse pour la douane) , mais apparemment elle aurais disparu arrivé en France (mais le vendeur ma remboursé aussitôt , donc je ne doute pas tellement de sa bonne fois a moins qu'il existe une arnaque de ce type....^^ )

ce qu'il y a c'est que je comptai réellement sur la bmpc pour sortir un peut du lot avec mon petit budget, surtout que quand j'ai perdu mon job je me suis dit "parfait j'ai l'argent , la bmpc sort grand max fin décembre (shipping Q4... d'ailleurs ils l'ont laissé, preuve de mauvaise communication ) , et je ne pensait pas qu'il referait la même boulette qu'avec la bmcc, qui leur avais servie de leçon ... disait il ....

bref oui je pense être très frustré a cause de cette marque , et car mes plan ne se déroule pas comme prévu , je ne suis malheureusement pas du métier , j'ai apprit sur le tas, et je n'est donc pas les ressource que quelqu'un déjà du métier aurait malheureusement ....

voila , je ne suis pas doué pour expliquer les chose , mais j’espère mettre fait comprendre :) tré a cause de cette marque , et car mes plan ne se déroule pas comme prévu , je ne suis malheureusement pas du métier , j'ai apprit sur le tas, et je n'est donc pas les ressource que quelqu'un déja du métier aurait malheureusement ....

voila , je ne suis pas doué pour expliquer les chose , mais j'espere mettre fait comprendre :)

anotherfrenchy

PostWed Jan 22, 2014 1:37 pm

Je comprend,

Moi je viens de finir mes études et j'attend cette caméra aussi pour les mêmes raisons.
Mais, il faut savoir qu'il y a beaucoup + de paramètres à prendre en compte si tu veux directement commencer par construire ta prod.

Déjà, si par exemple tu a la BMPC, Tu dois avoir un PC/Mac qui permet le montage 4k sans problèmes (une usine à Gaz comme on l'appelle ^^).
Ensuite, tu dois avoir tout le matos : optique, rig ou pied, batterie, écran étalonné, viseur électronique (avec son écran LCD en mousse, c'est presque obligatoire)...etc
Moi j'ai prévu de rajouter environ 5000 à 7000 € pour tout ça (matos achetés, pas loués).

Bien-sûr, comme je le disais plus haut, tu peux très bien louer du matos, pour faire du cas par cas, ce qui te permettra de faire beaucoup de choses à moindre frais, surtout au début.
Et il y a encore beaucoup de chose à dire sur le sujet ! :D

Si tu reste en France, c'est Paris,Toulouse,Lyon...(grande ville) obligatoire pour avoir non seulement des clients plus facilement, mais surtout pour avoir des partenaires, un carnet d'adresse, et du matos.
L'avantage de la France c'est les aides, mais seulement pour les productions ciné ou TV. Le reste c'est différent, parce qu'on passe sûr une orientation "prestation de service" si je peux dire ça comme ça. Tu n'aura donc aucune aide automatique style C.N.C.

Comme tu es novice ...c'est encore plus dur ( désolé :lol: )
Il y a tout une logique à apprendre et je peux que trop te conseiller de partir vers une école avant de voir le haut du panier (avec stages qui sont essentiels).
Si tu viens d'un autre milieu (niveau étude) et/ou que tu a entre 18 et 30 ans alors tu peux trouver une école, public avec un peu de chance ou privée avec un peu d'argent et d'aide.

Sinon ou après ça, il faut decider de rester ou partir (mon cas) à l'étranger ou les perceptives d'un job sont nettement meilleurs (ou moins "saturé" si tu veux).

Voilà,
C'est un métier pas si dur que ça, comme je l'entend souvent, mais il y a une logique qu'il faut comprendre et apprendre avant de pouvoir vivre et profiter de cette passion. ;)

PierreEmmanuel

PostWed Jan 22, 2014 5:15 pm

Si tu veux apprendre à conduire, tu n'achetes pas tout de suite une Porshe.. peut etre qu'une BMPC suffirait ? De la 4K pour commencer.. mmm.. attention, ce n'est pas un camescope, cela se règle et c'est .. à prendre en main.

blynx

PostThu Jan 23, 2014 2:18 am

anotherfrenchy , Quand je dit que je suis dans la merde , c'est aussi car j'ai investi dans un pc de montage , je connait tous les a coté , j'ai tous il ne me manque plus que la caméra .... quand je dit que je ne suis pas du métier sa veut dire que je n'est pas suivi de cursus scolaire , et que je n'est jamais facturé quoi que se soit , mais ça ne veut pas dire que je ne suis pas renseigné , stupide , ou amateur complet .... (j'ai quelque kino a mon actif , je suis photographe depuis des année (la dessus j'ai un peut facturé mais la photographie n'est pas le meilleur des marché en se moment....) donc je pense savoir réglé un appareil , géré un focus , une ouverture et j'en passe ....

pour pierre emmanuel , je sais j'ai commencé avec le 600D pour quoi ? mais si tu veux ensuite proposé des prestation haute vitesse professionnel , tu va peut être la revendre ta dacia et essayé la porshe ?

la bmpc n'a pas d'auto focus, un crop factor pourrit (ça doit être sympa pour filmé un mariage) , ne film pas en 4k (nos commerciaux japonais préféré sont en train de bourrer le crane de nos concitoyen comme quoi le 4K c'est l'avenir de la tv ... alors pourquoi filmé leur mariage en 2.5k ? ) , et sans compté cette petite touche cinéma, très sympa pour un court métrage , mais beaucoup moins pour d'autre production plus... académique ...

quoi qu'il en soit je sais ce que je fait , je sais ce que je dit , je suis débutant en temps que professionnel , mais certainement pas débutant avec une caméra entre les mains , donc si je dit que blackmagic est en train de me faire perdre un temps précieux, en plus de l'attente , c'est que je suis dans se cas de figure , et ca ne sert a rien de retourné le problème dans tous les sensée , ce n'est pas par ce que j'écrit comme un pied que je pence comme un pied ! (en plus j'ai une bonne grippe et pas les yeux en face des trous ! ^^ d'ailleurs j'ai du la refilé a tous le monde au kino se soir haha)

ha, et pour les formation .... pour le carnet d'adresse que j'aurais voulu en faire une , car a coté de sa quand je discute , encore se soir a un kino a bordeaux , avec un mec qui sort de ces haute école multimédia et qui sait a peine la différence entre un raw 14 bit et les magnifique image 8 bit de sont 600D, et qu'il me maintient qu'en post prod il n'y a aucune différence .....

bref voila :) laissé moi dire ce que j'ai a dire , car si je le dit c'est que je le pense , et que j'ai réfléchit, et essayé déja pas mal d'option :/

ha et another , besoin d'un bon pc , mais pas d'une usine a gaz non plus ... a moins que tu fasse tous ton montage en full frame .... la ce n'est pas mois le débutant :p huhu

vipex Productions

PostThu Jan 23, 2014 3:39 am

Im really interested in this camera , 35 sensor ,4k, raw , EF, I can even deal with the internal battery and the not having a xlr . It says shipping Q4 .. we are in Jan 2014 ... any idea of when this camera will actually ship ?

anotherfrenchy

PostThu Jan 23, 2014 11:46 am

vipex Productions wrote:Im really interested in this camera , 35 sensor ,4k, raw , EF, I can even deal with the internal battery and the not having a xlr . It says shipping Q4 .. we are in Jan 2014 ... any idea of when this camera will actually ship ?

Sorry,

We have some footages from the Big Boss "Grant Petty" and Beta testers.

http://video.blackmagicdesign.com/Camera/Blackmagic_Production_Camera_4K_Shots.zip

http://video.blackmagicdesign.com/Camera/4K_HookDemo_Grade_UHD_422HQ.zip

Also We Have photos of Blackmagic in its box.

http://www.filmaker.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=43309 ( OMG post deleted :o )

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/14/vqd0.jpg

No update and no announcement this month.
We wait unfortunately...
Last edited by anotherfrenchy on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anotherfrenchy

PostThu Jan 23, 2014 12:31 pm

blynx wrote:ha et another , besoin d'un bon pc , mais pas d'une usine a gaz non plus ... a moins que tu fasse tous ton montage en full frame .... la ce n'est pas mois le débutant :p huhu

Désolé si tu prend mal ce que je te dis, ce n'était pas mon intention, bien au contraire :roll:

Par contre, vu ta réponse, je peux en déduire que tu n'y connais vraiment pas grand chose sûr le tournage et l'enregistrement avec une caméra "semi-pro" qui n'a rien à voir avec l'Eos 600D. ("style cinéma".... tu veux dire une meilleure dynamique ?)

Et pas grand chose coté montage, étalonnage des fichiers.... ProRes 422 et RAW en 4k, par exemple.
Télécharge les rushs que distribue Grant Petty, et travail avec, avant de parler.

Bien-sur qu'il faut un ordi (workstation) qui soit performant !!!
Et ça s'arrête pas au full-Frame pendant la prévise en temps réel de la séquence :lol: (même si j'adore avoir la meilleur qualité possible pendant le montage ^^)

Par exemple:
Imaginons que tu es sûr la suite Adobe ou creative cloud sûr PC, tu va avoir plusieurs logiciels qui tournent ensembles. Si tu crées des effets avec After Effects, tu dois pouvoir lire les rushs facilement et avec une qualité "correcte" sûr Première (sans parler de l'étalonnage sûr SpeedGrade ou Davinci).
Tu dois pouvoir accéder à tes rushs rapidement avec des SDI qui supporte le débit (interne ou externe) et il te faut aussi une carte d’acquisition, si tu t’arrête pas qu'au "mariage" ou au court-métrage indé bien-sûr!

Mais le plus important qui rentre en jeu.... c'est la durée des traitements qui a derrière !!!
Mon dieu....si tu utilise un "bon" Pc/Mac pour du DNG RAW 4K, tu va en avoir pour des jours !! (si il plante pas avant)
J'imagine le résultat si tu travail plus-tard (pour ta prod)avec des gros fichiers DPX ou RED. Tu va avoir du mal si tu pars comme ça.
Le traitement c'est le plus long et avec les rendus effets,séquence,étalonnage et le rendu final....tu va en bouffer, ça c'est sûr !

Je ne vais pas débattre du reste de ton message et/ou le fait que tu a acheté tête baissée ,sans réfléchir, du matos qui au final va pas te servir (Pas très professionnel)....
Je veux pas non plus continuer d'être méchant ou quoi que ce soit....mais ne prend pas les gens de haut, surtout dans ce domaine ou tu en connais moins que moi.

Donc désolé pour toi et bon courage.

Fabio Bersani

PostFri Jan 24, 2014 7:56 am

Hallo from Italy,
I've received an email a couple of days ago from an official BM reseller with the availability of the BMPC 4K, the name of this store is BL2(dot)it.
I've called him and they say that they have that camera in stock and the shippings will starts from the next week.
How is it possible that neither the official website says somethings about it? I think that probably it's a fake but that store it's an BlackMagic official reseller in Italy and it's listed also in the official BM website under the resellers page.
Can someone confirm that? Can I spend that amount of money with an hope to having the camera next week?

Thank you all and sorry for my bad english.

Ciao!

brunerww

PostFri Jan 24, 2014 12:21 pm

"Tiptop Electronics" in Australia is also advertising it as "In Stock": tiptopelectronics dot com dot au slash blackmagic hyphen design hyphen blackmagic hyphen production hyphen camera hyphen 4k hyphen black dot html

I have an email into them to confirm.

Chris.O

PostFri Jan 24, 2014 4:11 pm

brunerww wrote:"Tiptop Electronics" in Australia is also advertising it as "In Stock": tiptopelectronics dot com dot au slash blackmagic hyphen design hyphen blackmagic hyphen production hyphen camera hyphen 4k hyphen black dot html

I have an email into them to confirm.

Hi Bruner... I'd love to hear what they have to say. Will they export to the US? ;)

I called reseller here and he had been told they'd have them in stock in March - but maybe it differs between dealers. This was Full Compass.

Regardless, I'm excited that progress is being made!

blynx

PostSat Jan 25, 2014 4:10 am

another , je me suis tres mal expliqué , mais sache que je comprend ce que tu dit ....et ont dit un peut la même chose (mais tu explique bien mieux que moi je le conçoit , mon souci est que je comprend les mot technique , mais je ne les utilise pas encore correctement , voir pas du tous haha ! (quand je parlais des 8bit MOV caca du 600D et les 16bit (si je dit pas de bêtise) du format r3d .....

et donc oui j'ai déja téléchargé des rush (me suis entraîné sur les r3d....) et je te rassure ma workstation ne prévisualisait pas en 100% comme si j'avais euh une bel carte redrocket , mais j'arrivais a en sortir quelque chose ^^

bref quoi qu'il en soit les plus "noob" ici sa reste tous de même blackmagic qui se fait avoir deux fois de suite sur ces 2 caméras les plus attendu .... :)

anotherfrenchy

PostSat Jan 25, 2014 9:55 am

Geoff Baxter wrote:I am not meaning to be rude, or offend our French members, but this is an English language forum and non French speaking members will have no idea as to what is being discussed here. Perhaps you would be better conducting these conversations via Private Messages.

Ha Ha ...sorry, for that !

Just few things about the post-production with BMPC4K, but we finished.

"Voilà" :D

PierreEmmanuel

PostMon Jan 27, 2014 3:44 pm

Geoff Baxter wrote:non French speaking members will have no idea as to what is being discussed here.

And trust me, you should be grateful for this :D Rants, but in french.. you know.. our national sport.

Fabio Bersani

PostTue Jan 28, 2014 7:19 pm

Now BL2(dot)it store says that the BMPC 4k will be available from 1/31/2014....

sierra2011

PostWed Jan 29, 2014 6:41 am

Seriously Blackmagic.

It's February in a few days and absolutely NOBODY has a clue when the 4K is shipping.
First of all, stop releasing shipping dates you cannot fulfill. Secondly, Q4 is already a while ago now. Any excuses?

I'm really curious what the 4K will be like, but it has to be available first...

brunerww

PostWed Jan 29, 2014 10:52 pm

Chris O. wrote: Hi Bruner... I'd love to hear what they have to say. Will they export to the US? ;)

I called reseller here and he had been told they'd have them in stock in March - but maybe it differs between dealers. This was Full Compass.

Regardless, I'm excited that progress is being made!

They didn't answer my email - and I just checked the site - they have pulled the web page. Wish I'd taken a screen shot :(

At least the BL2Store page is still up - for now.

Seems that Blackmagic is maintaining pretty tight COMSEC on the date :)

RichardB

PostFri Jan 31, 2014 7:15 pm

seriously, someone needs to get their act together and stop lying to customers... for once be honest and just tell it like it is... its one false promise after another.

Djreversal

PostFri Jan 31, 2014 9:38 pm

Camera will be released with year old technology from the point it was introduced by the time it comes out.
PreviousNext

Return to Announcements