Announcing Blackmagic Production Camera 4K

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Fabio Bersani

Re: Announcing Blackmagic Production Camera 4K

PostTue Jun 24, 2014 12:39 pm

Please Test the new Firmware Upgrade (1.8)!!! My camera is at BM for RMA!!

Fabio Bersani

Re: Announcing Blackmagic Production Camera 4K

PostFri Jul 04, 2014 12:49 pm

NO WAY, my camera is returned from RMA replaced with another one. The new camera come with the old firmware (that's the first bad sign), I've updated it and then, when I call the menu, the screen starts to flicker badly. I' ve set the camera at ISO 800 with the CinemaDNG and the pattern noise it became visible immediately. This camera is worse than the first one. I hate that product now but I want a working machines!!!!!!
Beware to buy the production camera!!! Test the camera hardly before you buy!!!

adamroberts

Announcing Blackmagic Production Camera 4K

PostFri Jul 04, 2014 1:14 pm

FaBersa wrote:NO WAY, my camera is returned from RMA replaced with another one. The new camera come with the old firmware (that's the first bad sign), I've updated it and then, when I call the menu, the screen starts to flicker badly. I' ve set the camera at ISO 800 with the CinemaDNG and the pattern noise it became visible immediately. This camera is worse than the first one. I hate that product now but I want a working machines!!!!!!
Beware to buy the production camera!!! Test the camera hardly before you buy!!!

As the new firmware was only just released it highly unlikely that any cameras that are with retailers will have the latest update.

If you actually read the readme that comes with the firmware you would know that flickering screen after a firmware update is totally normal and goes away after a few minutes.

As for noise at 800ISO this can be expected. Have you tried 400ISO, which is the cameras native ISO? If you still have FPN at 400ISO you should contact your local BM support.
Previous

Return to Announcements