Anaheim Union High School District uses Blackmagic Products

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Kerry de Boer

Blackmagic Design

Anaheim Union High School District uses Blackmagic Products

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 5:29 pm

Blackmagic Design announced today that the Anaheim Union High School District’s Film Academy utilized Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro and DaVinci Resolve 15 during their most recent summer 2018 session. 30 students from across nine campuses had the opportunity to shoot using the cinema cameras, and then finish their films using the post production software.

Launched in 2017, the Anaheim Union High School District (AUHSD) Summer Film Academy invites junior and senior class students from high schools across the district to an intensive 4-week program that teaches theory and application of film techniques. The program was conceived by John Bautista, Jeff Numainville, Dean Delgado, and Adrian Olmedo, all instructors within the school district. Originally the plan was to highlight the talents of students via a film festival, but soon the concept grew. “The district was actually asking teachers if they could help create content for them,” said Delgado. “We thought why not help students expand their skills as filmmakers, and let them use their talents to create videos on behalf of AUHSD.” With the support of Superintendent Michael Matsuda, the program came to life.

Senior Hana Chung, from Oxford Academy High School, didn’t know she wanted to be a filmmaker when she joined the Film Academy. “At first I joined the program to exercise my hobby,” said Chung. “Eventually I realized how much I loved making films, and now hope to attend a film school and work in the industry.” Chung, like other students in the program, enjoyed the opportunity to work with a professional camera like the URSA Mini Pro. She was impressed with the quality and affordability of Blackmagic products. “It allowed me to realize that making a film is a viable option for many people.”

To learn more, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0180811-01

Return to Announcements