Tool for converting BMD CinemaDNG to BRAW

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Ellory Yu

Tool for converting BMD CinemaDNG to BRAW

PostTue Dec 11, 2018 7:41 pm

If this was asked before, I apologize. I couldn't find the topic. Is there a utility software that can convert BMD CinemaDNG (all old BMD cameras) to BRAW format? That will help reduce a lot of disk space for older camera footages and could be viewed using BRAW Player on Mac.
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

carlomacchiavello

Re: Tool for converting BMD CinemaDNG to BRAW

PostWed Dec 12, 2018 10:25 pm

Ellory Yu wrote:If this was asked before, I apologize. I couldn't find the topic. Is there a utility software that can convert BMD CinemaDNG (all old BMD cameras) to BRAW format? That will help reduce a lot of disk space for older camera footages and could be viewed using BRAW Player on Mac.

braw is tailored on new sensors, and new cpu processor, splitted process between camera and software decoding is quite difficult to apply to old and different raw managment. if you want to optimize space i suggest you slim raw, is quite good cdng compressor.

Return to Off-Topic