Scary Social media camera:

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Wayne Steven

Scary Social media camera:

PostMon Oct 21, 2019 8:20 am

I got this off of the omni vision Twitter feed. They also had an just over half millimetre square commercial image sensor. Talk about spyware. When I was younger, I read this SciFi book, where the main protagonist had to use a device to find microscopic cameras. We are facing that future. I had been looking at how to design atom sized pixels, which it seems was proposed many years ago elsewhere, unknown to me. Yes, a vga image sensor is getting below the wavelength of blue light. When I said years ago, cameras the size of dust particles, I meant it.
aIf you are not truthfully progressive, maybe you shouldn't say anything
bTruthful side topics in-line with or related to, the discussion accepted
cOften people deceive themselves so much they do not understand, even when the truth is explained to them

Wayne Steven

Re: Scary Social media camera:

PostMon Oct 21, 2019 8:46 am

Here is a 22 nanometre 1 transitor pixel just announced. A while to go, according to this.

https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8680002

There is a conference coming up which I'm waiting for a full HD+ part due a basic camera.

I've been eyeing small camera phones. There doesn't seem to be much out there that should be cheap and do significant resolution. The rediculously expensive palm phone is rated at 720p despite a 12mp sensor, and is way small. I have come across a ruggedized 16mp phone that is a bit smaller than the iPhone SE, but probably thicker, but the screen is too small at 2.75 inches. 4 inch plus screen is optimal. I don't have time to trawl the internet looking for suitable hardware targets, I would need an assistant. But it begs the question, about approaching one of these Kickstarter crowds to do a new version of a phone more to our liking. They already have the people and momentum. Though maybe approaching Google might be a good business model. No "I" in tream, only a "me". I got a lot of stuff to get through here stopping the business flood gates. I'm looking at team, but knowing what I know now, there are few people you would want in a team. Somebody like Grant would be a fantastic benefit, unlike some of the other "inspirational" "CEO's" out their. In reality, you got to fund people inbetween grant and normal people (the sort of people who instinctively know what is wrong with the design in that video. Thinking there is nothing wrong with it is not going get you a much better product).
aIf you are not truthfully progressive, maybe you shouldn't say anything
bTruthful side topics in-line with or related to, the discussion accepted
cOften people deceive themselves so much they do not understand, even when the truth is explained to them

Return to Off-Topic