Blackmagic "Homestudio"?

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

CaseyOrion

Blackmagic "Homestudio"?

PostWed Jul 24, 2013 2:21 pm

I had a thought for a piece of hardware, and if anyone else has thought of this or would like this idea please chime in, of a Blackmagic "homestudio". It would be aimed at the freelance/in-house/enthusiast crowd and would incorporate different things from blackmagics other products into a single piece. This idea also comes about as a result of Apples announced Mac Pro which has very little in regards to in/out besides thunderbolt/usb.

I'm thinking of something that would be a single RU, with a single SSD slot, CF slot, SD slot etc. As well as SDI, HDMI in/out and caputure. Maybe even make it 2RU and have a single smartscope on it. The idea being, someone could be working on the new Mac Pro, and with a single Thunderbolt peripheral take care of a large portion of I/O, capture, and monitoring all in one package.

Terry Frechette

Blackmagic Design

Re: Blackmagic "Homestudio"?

PostThu Jul 25, 2013 3:25 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. We always shoot these over to product managers to look at.

Thanks again for the participation.

Terry

Return to Off-Topic