Looking for info on setting up 2kplus. have 2 but zero info.

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

mastertechco

Looking for info on setting up 2kplus. have 2 but zero info.

PostMon Feb 03, 2020 4:14 pm

I recently acquired 2 sets of 2kplus control boards. three giant square 2k computers three power supplies and one hp small computer that says davinci on it. and a pile of components and wiring.
Id like to try to set it up and see if it works. does anyone have any information in this setup. I know its old but from what Im told it was working perfectly in a studio just months before I got it.

Im an old retired navy vet looking for something to do with my time, Learning about video production sounded better than just watching tv to me.

anyone have any ideas? or can point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Jeff

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Looking for info on setting up 2kplus. have 2 but zero i

PostTue Feb 04, 2020 7:07 am

Congratulations! Did you get those from the latest Auction Excess auction?

What you've got is a hardware based SD/HD/2K grading system, that can also control common telecines of the time, and tape machines.

Do you have any SDI video sources to feed it? And do you have an SDI monitoring system to feed it to?

Here's the 2K Linux installation manual. That should get you going. Let me know if you have any questions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4qmzrd1lzow0g ... l.pdf?dl=0
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

mastertechco

Re: Looking for info on setting up 2kplus. have 2 but zero i

PostTue Feb 04, 2020 7:32 pm

Thanks Dwaine,

Yes I did get them from auction excess...they have studio 360 tags on them. I sold a dirtbike I couldn't ride no more and bought a truckload of electronics/stereos/video stuff to play with instead. A few weeks prior I picked up the studio audio / video recording hardware, dvs-san storage. two or three workstations and some really killer speakers and assorted monitors. There's a huge box of assorted wiring and a server rack w server. studio ( need a decent mobile camera once this is set up.) and I have a real nice drone setup to capture with. So I'm probably real close to setting up the corner of my garage.
The cables are all professionally label at both ends and I kept one of the setups untouched as it was unplugged and rolled out. I'm sure I wont need 1/2 of what was hooked to it before but it will be an experience figuring it all out.
If anyone needs any of this older stuff for your home/work project let me know.. I have several. I was bidding against someone on part of this stuff...if it was one of you IM SORRY!

Thanks, I really appreciate your help. Ill let you know how it goes in a few weeks.

Jeff

Return to Off-Topic