Selling Blackmagic Cinema Camera MFT + Handles ($1,695)

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

BenjaminLebeau

Selling Blackmagic Cinema Camera MFT + Handles ($1,695)

PostWed Sep 11, 2013 1:41 am

Hey guys,

I'm selling my MFT (Micro Four Thirds) mount of the Blackmagic Cinema Camera. It has the latest firmware (shipped from the warehouse in September), comes with Blackmagic Design Camera Handles ($185 value, from BHPhotoVideo.)

Does NOT include the DaVinci Resolve software, keeping it for myself. If you ever reconsider, it goes for 300-400 on eBay new.

All of the items are brand new, just the box has been opened. I pulled the items out of the box so that I could take pictures and test to make sure it worked.

Item will be shipped securely in the original box with signature confirmation and tracking. I accept Paypal.

I can also upload more pictures, if desired.

I'm also able to do local pick-up, as I live in Los Angeles (Westwood).

Send me a message if interested.
Attachments
image (2).jpeg
image (2).jpeg (402.56 KiB) Viewed 5714 times
Last edited by BenjaminLebeau on Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Benjamin Lebeau
Editor/Colorist, Sandwich Video
www.sandwichvideo.com

Dmitry Kitsov

Re: Selling Blackmagic Cinema Camera MFT + Handles ($1,795)

PostWed Sep 11, 2013 1:49 am

So you are selling a $2000 camera without a $1000 piece of software for 1800 usd? Interesting.
Dmitry Kitsov

Corrupt Frame, Inc.

PostWed Sep 11, 2013 2:00 am

Dmitry Kitsov wrote:So you are selling a $2000 camera without a $1000 piece of software for 1800 usd? Interesting.

Yeah I think I would just spend that extra $200 for the whole thing.

BenjaminLebeau

PostWed Sep 11, 2013 2:55 am

The software is hardly worth $1000 if you buy it elsewhere. And most people are interested in the hardware.
Benjamin Lebeau
www.sandwichvideo.com

David_

PostWed Sep 11, 2013 3:53 am

filmandcaffeine wrote:The software is hardly worth $1000 if you buy it elsewhere. And most people are interested in the hardware.

I wish you luck on your sale, but please don't try to insult the intelligence of forum members here with quotes like this: "Does NOT include the DaVinci Resolve software (which was all I wanted to begin with). But you can download the lite version from the website for free. (Has almost all the exact same capabilities, just excludes useless stuff like working in 3D, which you wouldn't use with this camera anyway.)"

We know the importance of the software, its not useless.

BenjaminLebeau

PostWed Sep 11, 2013 4:05 am

Understood, I didn't mean to be insulting...I'm going to lower the price. I was basing this pricing off of what I saw on eBay when people sell without the software, but I was trying to avoid eBay fees...

I'll try to have a moderator delete this post, then I'll post a new one with a lower price. Probably $1,695. The software goes for around 300 on eBay, I think.
Benjamin Lebeau
www.sandwichvideo.com

David_

PostWed Sep 11, 2013 4:11 am

filmandcaffeine wrote:Understood, I didn't mean to be insulting...I'm going to lower the price. I was basing this pricing off of what I saw on eBay when people sell without the software, but I was trying to avoid eBay fees...

I'll try to have a moderator delete this post, then I'll post a new one with a lower price. Probably $1,695. The software goes for around 300 on eBay, I think.

Well you saw my post before I was going to delete it lol. After re-reading my post it sounded harsh, and I wasn't trying to be. You're free to ask for whatever price you want, I was jut trying to say that there's many differences between the two softwares, being limited to 1080 output is a big one for me.

Best.

Steve Lee Jean

Re: Selling Blackmagic Cinema Camera MFT + Handles ($1,695)

PostWed Sep 11, 2013 4:52 am

Just to be fair to people around here. You can flip a Resolve dongle EASY at 600. 500 if you're lucky. I'm just sorry, the only person who might pick it up for 1700 is someone who already has Resolve. But they might as well buy a new BMCC at 2000, sell Resolve for 600, and have a brand new camera at $1400.

Good luck.
Director/Writer
Busan, South Korea + Los Angeles, CA

hugh

PostWed Sep 11, 2013 5:21 am

For what it's worth, I got my BMCC MFT two weeks ago and sold my copy of Resolve for $400 on ebay. I was surprised it sold, as there were quite a few copies selling for the same amount.
I think $1600 would be a more reasonable asking price, but good luck nonetheless.

BenjaminLebeau

PostWed Sep 11, 2013 5:44 am

Thanks for the info, guys. Appreciate it. :)
Benjamin Lebeau
www.sandwichvideo.com

Darryl Gregory

PostWed Sep 11, 2013 6:29 am

filmandcaffeine wrote:Hey guys,

I'm selling my MFT (Micro Four Thirds) mount of the Blackmagic Cinema Camera. It has the latest firmware (shipped from the warehouse in September), comes with Blackmagic Design Camera Handles ($185 value, from BHPhotoVideo.)

Does NOT include the DaVinci Resolve software, keeping it for myself. If you ever reconsider, it goes for 300-400 on eBay new.

All of the items are brand new, just the box has been opened. I pulled the items out of the box so that I could take pictures and test to make sure it worked.

Item will be shipped securely in the original box with signature confirmation and tracking. I accept Paypal.

I can also upload more pictures, if desired.

I'm also able to do local pick-up, as I live in Los Angeles (Westwood).

Send me a message if interested.

No offense filmandcaffeine but this forum is the last place you should have posted your sale,
and in many, many ways it offends us all for reasons I will not go into, but I understand you wanting to sell it and keep Resolve, the problem with that is if I already own resolve from my prior purchase of a cinema camera, I would not ever consider your offer for the camera only, the price is still high.

Consider this... I buy my second Cinema camera and sell my second copy of Resolve...?
Yeah now you see what I'm saying right????

I can sell my second copy of Resolve and come out with a few hundred dollars profit, compared to your sale offer, and that makes dollars and sense, compared to your offer.

Cheers

hugh

PostWed Sep 11, 2013 7:24 am

Darryl Gregory wrote:
No offense filmandcaffeine but this forum is the last place you should have posted your sale,
and in many, many ways it offends us all for reasons I will not go into, but I understand you wanting to sell it and keep Resolve, the problem with that is if I already own resolve from my prior purchase of a cinema camera, I would not ever consider your offer for the camera only, the price is still high.

Consider this... I buy my second Cinema camera and sell my second copy of Resolve...?

I can sell my second copy of Resolve and come out with a few hundred dollars profit, compared to your sale offer, and that makes dollars and sense, compared to your offer.

Cheers

I agree that the price is a little high, but I don't see why everyone seems so offended.
You buy your second cinema camera for $2,000, you sell your second copy of resolve for, say, $400- you've paid $1600 for your second camera.
That's $95 less than what he's asking, so yeah, it should be lower, but it's not crazy overpriced.

docjustice

PostWed Sep 11, 2013 8:11 am

PM'd...

Darryl Gregory

PostWed Sep 11, 2013 8:17 am

Briwil wrote:
Darryl Gregory wrote:

Cheers

I agree that the price is a little high, but I don't see why everyone seems so offended.
You buy your second cinema camera for $2,000, you sell your second copy of resolve for, say, $400- you've paid $1600 for your second camera.
That's $95 less than what he's asking, so yeah, it should be lower, but it's not crazy overpriced.

My post about many of us being offended had very little to do about price, but more about how long... many of us have waited to get the camera.

Cheers

Jesuan Soriano

PostWed Sep 11, 2013 11:06 am

Ladies and Gentlemen!!!!

This is how you legally get a full copy of Davinci resolve for 300$!!!!

I've seen this camera for 1500$ with full copy of Davinci resolve + a redrock rig....
Jesus Soriano

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Sep 11, 2013 4:02 pm

I understand this is related to cinematography but this is not the place for this post. I'll be moving this to the off-topic section of our forums.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Return to Off-Topic