4K Status

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

William Carswell

4K Status

PostWed Oct 02, 2013 7:17 pm

I just got off the phone with B&H customer service. I ordered both a Pocket and a 4K camera back in early April. I was told that not only will I be receiving the pocket camera when their next shipment arrives, but also the 4K camera which will be part of that shipment.

The proof is in the pudding, but it appears Blackmagic is in the process of delivering 4K cameras. Can't wait.

LC

Paul Kapp

Re: 4K Status

PostWed Oct 02, 2013 7:26 pm

Good news indeed.
And when is B&H expecting their next shipment?
Any word?

William Carswell

PostWed Oct 02, 2013 7:29 pm

-- Pablito

I couldn't pin him down on an exact date. I did, however, ask if it would be this month and his reply was that it would be a safe bet.

Kelly G. Ireland

PostWed Oct 02, 2013 7:43 pm

I was on the phone with a BlackMagic reseller today about an Intensity Extreme purchase. After talking business I jokingly asked when the 4k was shipping. He said they are shipping in small numbers and pre-orders should be fulfilled by the end of the month. I actually thought he was confused and talking about the Pocket but it sounds like the info in this thread. I hope he didn't read this and gave me info based on it. Time will tell but I want my camera! Good Luck to all of us.

Adam Levins

PostWed Oct 02, 2013 7:56 pm

I also just got a call from OWC saying that my 4K should arrive with them on the 4th. Sort of nervous to take delivery as I was expecting footage 1st,

sean mclennan

PostWed Oct 02, 2013 8:03 pm

Does it not seem odd that the 4K camera would be shipping (right now if they're getting it by the 4th) and Grant Petty hasn't given an update? That doesn't follow the pattern.

Also, still no sample footage?!

Not to burst anyone's bubble...but I'm doubtful

Manu Gil

PostWed Oct 02, 2013 8:06 pm

sean mclennan wrote:Does it not seem odd that the 4K camera would be shipping (right now if they're getting it by the 4th) and Grant Petty hasn't given an update? That doesn't follow the pattern.

+1

Paul Kapp

PostWed Oct 02, 2013 8:29 pm

sean mclennan wrote:Does it not seem odd that the 4K camera would be shipping (right now if they're getting it by the 4th) and Grant Petty hasn't given an update? That doesn't follow the pattern.

Well, they're damned if they do and damned if they don't, so maybe they are taking the line that actions speak louder than words.
If they say nothing, they're damned.
If they give a date and there is a delay, they're damned.

If they spring it on us without warning, what can you say except, great, I didn't expect it to happen but it did.
This is what the big players do.
Announce a new product will be released in spring, delayed to summer, then bang, released.
They don't even try to satisfy people's need for certainty and so they don't get into trouble for that.

Adam Levins

PostWed Oct 02, 2013 8:52 pm

You are not be bursting my bubble. I want to see some footage before I get the camera (which is what I was expecting to happen)

I was told they are getting some but they may be off on that, the rep said he was going to double check that his info was right and call me back... we will see.

Guy Bleyaert

PostFri Oct 04, 2013 11:12 am

I understand they rather want to deliver a solid camera then having them needed to return with issue's. After all it is about their reputation now. the whole cine world is watching what the Production Camera 4K will do next to the Alexa and Red. I still have some patience and think its worth to wait. But it would be nice to here a word from BM how progress is going due the software update of the sensors :)
Guy Bleyaert “ Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. ”

Ulysses Paiva

PostFri Oct 04, 2013 11:41 am

Same for me. Just doesnt make much sense.... Giving actual circunstances and people complaining, they should be proud and anxious to announce delivery ASAP.

Might be.... but not the most propable situation
Ulysses Paiva

Christoffer Glans

PostFri Oct 04, 2013 12:58 pm

No one took Red seriously when they announced their Red One camera and they did do a few screw-ups along the way, but they seriously learned from mistakes and got their respect in the end. BM does it the other way around and have something everyone believes in but continues to screw things up to the point no one takes them seriously.

BM reputation is in the trash can right now, not just here, all around me. If BM doesn't take that seriously and learn from their mistakes, well... good bye to them.

Paul Kapp

ninojer

PostFri Oct 04, 2013 2:38 pm

Give me your place in the "waiting list" and I will post some footage !
www.runnerprod.com

sean mclennan

PostFri Oct 04, 2013 3:08 pm

That's the 2.5K.....the 4K camera says "4K" on the front.

Paul Kapp

PostFri Oct 04, 2013 3:19 pm

sean mclennan wrote:

So you think Red Shark are reviewing the BMPCC and BMCC for a 3rd time and referring to them as, "an exciting delivery of new toys"?

AdrianSierkowski

PostFri Oct 04, 2013 3:47 pm

Sure. That doesn't look @ all like the 4ks I've seen. They all list 4K on them. It may be an MFT 2.5K.
Adrian Sierkowski
Director of Photography
http://www.adriansierkowski.com
adrian@adriansierkowski.com

sean mclennan

PostFri Oct 04, 2013 4:02 pm

Pablito wrote:
sean mclennan wrote:

So you think Red Shark are reviewing the BMPCC and BMCC for a 3rd time and referring to them as, "an exciting delivery of new toys"?

dude, THIS is the 4K camera...

piguar2007

PostFri Oct 04, 2013 5:12 pm

my dealer confirmed me arriving some cameras in this month of cotubre. at the latest by the end of October.

if another company would believe me.

but this time told me that they have confirmed 100%

serious sending to Spain, provably send the camera to other countries rather than Spain.

I think this time is good.

but I'm worried, is the first time I buy A CAMERA before you see how it works. CRAZY
Attachments
GIF_109576_cuando_alguien_te_vuelve_loco_pero_no_te_puedes_cagar_en_el.gif
GIF_109576_cuando_alguien_te_vuelve_loco_pero_no_te_puedes_cagar_en_el.gif (482.38 KiB) Viewed 7631 times

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Oct 04, 2013 7:08 pm

As stated with other threads with the same subject matter, this will be moved to off-topic so as to help people actually looking for help in the Cinematography section.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

piguar2007

PostFri Oct 04, 2013 7:17 pm

but ... because you do not give an answer?

You worry to close forums. but give no explanation of your product ...

can guarantee 100% that the cameras are ready this month?

Tony Rivera wrote:As stated with other threads with the same subject matter, this will be moved to off-topic so as to help people actually looking for help in the Cinematography section.

ronhaley

PostFri Oct 04, 2013 7:51 pm

Tony,
The off-topic thread reads "Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!"

Not sure the continued failure of BMD to deliver a product fits this category. Why don't you create a "Failure to deliver" thread. Based on BMD behavior, I think it'll be relevant for a long time".

Paul Kapp

PostSun Oct 06, 2013 10:29 am

sean mclennan wrote:
Pablito wrote:

dude, THIS is the 4K camera...

TOO LOUD
I'm aware what a 4K looks like.
As I said above, it's curious they have a picture of the BMCC and a PMPCC but have already reviewed these cameras twice and imply NEW TOYS have arrived.
Maybe they ARE JUST reviewing old cameras.
It just made me CURIOUS!

Return to Off-Topic