BM 4K (September longest in the world)

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

piguar2007

BM 4K (September longest in the world)

PostThu Oct 17, 2013 1:43 pm

I know there are many people who say ... I prefer to wait. I want you to do well. etc.

but the wait would be less painful with a little more information.

I do not ask for more daily updates. but if every two weeks.

not really have anywhere "September"

MANY PEOPLE SAY NOW ... PURCHASE ANOTHER CAMERA IN ANOTHER COMPANY.

NO. I like BM. good quality products. but that is no excuse for not giving information. or treat us like dogs.

if you get in touch with information phone your only answer is "ironically" be attentive to the forum. HA HA HA ...

They laugh at us

PLEASE (Tony Rivera) do not take the trouble to reply ... and what their response is.

((((((As stated With Other threads With The same subject matter, This Will be moved to off-topic)))))

sometimes I think you're the best answering machine in the world

Dustin Albert

Re: BM 4K (September longest in the world)

PostThu Oct 17, 2013 10:56 pm

I think every 2 weeks would be pushing it, but at least every month would be a realistic goal. If nothing else, you should be willing to follow up on your deadlines, and update customers once that deadline is past.

FYI- Yelling at Tony Rivera isn't going to help anything. I don't think he is involved with their product development. He seems to be more on the forum/web/PR side of things.
Never stop learning and trying new things…

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Oct 17, 2013 11:01 pm

idut21 wrote:Yelling at Tony Rivera isn't going to help anything. I don't think he is involved with their product development. He seems to be more on the forum/web/PR side of things.

This is very accurate. The ultimate giveaway is my signature also :!:
;)
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Mark Davies

PostFri Oct 18, 2013 10:34 am

Tony

You can tell BM that people would like an update and then give us BMD's response?
Mark Davies

piguar2007

PostFri Oct 18, 2013 11:33 am

tony

you lie down ...

seek answers. and it is our right to have answers.

I personally have paid 3800 euros in the store. by a camera "does not exist".

do not understand why you accept payments if the camera is not made. IS LOGICAL?.

I am an honest person and I think that most people also.

so I paid my camera in August. BM poruqe thought was an honest person and would fulfill the deadlines.

also my fault? I trust and now BLACK MAGIC BLACK MAGIC does not update or give information to anyone ...

some people say works with another camera but I can not. I trust my money. Now what?

this happened to me for trusting BLACK MAGIC. now not worthy or refresh the page.

my fault, I know. but it is my fault for trusting this company deadlines.

Now if I ask my money back. BLACK MAGIC want to stay 600 euros of the advance.

not my fault that black magic does not meet the deadlines.

I understand that money back if I do not want the camera. but it is black magic that has the fault.

is unfair.

3 months of waiting. and now they say that probably this ready by January.

NOT UNDERSTAND WHY NOT ASK ABOUT FORGIVENESS TO THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE COMMITTED.

THERE IS A LITTLE RESPECT. THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE TRUSTED bm.

PEOPLE SAY THERE HAVE PATIENCE. PREFER TO WAIT. HOW LONG? . people who claim to have patience is not trust. and not given their money upfront.

I made the mistake of relying on BM

(((((TONY I know you're just forum administrator))))

You're the one who can talk to the "big people" of BM. and communicate general discomfort with the company there.

TONY
I CAN MAKE YOU A QUESTION?

You understand our malaise?...

Tony Rivera wrote:
idut21 wrote:Yelling at Tony Rivera isn't going to help anything. I don't think he is involved with their product development. He seems to be more on the forum/web/PR side of things.

This is very accurate. The ultimate giveaway is my signature also :!:
;)

Dustin Albert

PostFri Oct 18, 2013 8:35 pm

Yelling at Tony Rivera is kind of like yelling at the cashier at a movie theatre because the ticket prices are too high....pretty sure the cashier has absolutely nothing he can do about it. Tony handles community relations.

Don't get me wrong, I would like some answers too, but I'm not gonna yell at Tony because that's just stupid. Has no one ever had a job where they dealt with customers before, or did everyone here pop out of the womb as an independent filmmaker?

Dave Perry

PostFri Oct 18, 2013 8:54 pm

idut21 wrote:Yelling at Tony Rivera is kind of like yelling at the cashier at a movie theatre because the ticket prices are too high....pretty sure the cashier has absolutely nothing he can do about it. Tony handles community relations.

Don't get me wrong, I would like some answers too, but I'm not gonna yell at Tony because that's just stupid. Has no one ever had a job where they dealt with customers before, or did everyone here pop out of the womb as an independent filmmaker?

Very true. Also if Piguar has paid money already, then he is dealing with a less than reputable vendor. Blackmagic is not charging us for the camera, the vendor is and none that I know of charge a customer before they have it in stock.
S1H
----------------------------------------------
Dave Perry Cinematographer LLC
Director of Photography • Camera Operator
524 N. Normandie Ave. Unit 2
Hollywood USA 90004
LAcinematographer.com

Mark Davies

PostFri Oct 18, 2013 8:59 pm

idut21 wrote:Yelling at Tony Rivera is kind of like yelling at the cashier at a movie theatre because the ticket prices are too high....pretty sure the cashier has absolutely nothing he can do about it. Tony handles community relations.

A more real look at your apples for pears analogy would be a cashier takes your cash and gives you a ticket that admits you in Effectively giving you what you paid for. If the film entrance was locked and the man with the ticket returned to the cashier and the cashier said sorry nothing to do with me that would be a little stupid wouldn't it?

Simply asking Tony to ask his employers to update us and he is not allowed to is astonishing isn't it?
Mark Davies

piguar2007

PostFri Oct 18, 2013 10:20 pm

Please. reread everything I've written.

Do not understand why you say that of tony.

HAVE LEFT WELL CLEAR. TONY NO GUILT.

YOUR ANSWER IS VERY OBVIOUS ...

Dustin Albert

PostSat Oct 19, 2013 12:37 am

Mark2929 wrote:A more real look at your apples for pears analogy would be a cashier takes your cash and gives you a ticket that admits you in Effectively giving you what you paid for. If the film entrance was locked and the man with the ticket returned to the cashier and the cashier said sorry nothing to do with me that would be a little stupid wouldn't it?

Simply asking Tony to ask his employers to update us and he is not allowed to is astonishing isn't it?

I can tell you for a fact that I have worked at places where my input meant little to nothing with the big wigs. I've had corporate jobs where I wouldn't even have access to executive management. Their secretaries would barely give people in my position the time of day.

Fact is, we don't know how much exposure Tony has to the rest of the company. I can almost guarantee he's not intentionally not bringing up these issue, if given the chance.

I can also guarantee that when the 4K comes out, all the ppl that were complaining this whole time are still likely to buy it, and they'll probably love it, and they'll go on to shoot more videos of their cat in their living room (which seems to be what a lot of ppl were waiting to get their BMCCs for).

TheLightFactory

PostSat Oct 19, 2013 12:53 am

idut21 wrote: and they'll go on to shoot more videos of their cat in their living room

Aye nothing wrong with a good cat scene... for the 1000th time ;)
Mark

Mark Davies

PostSat Oct 19, 2013 11:01 am

idut21 wrote:
Mark2929 wrote:A more real look at your apples for pears analogy would be a cashier takes your cash and gives you a ticket that admits you in Effectively giving you what you paid for. If the film entrance was locked and the man with the ticket returned to the cashier and the cashier said sorry nothing to do with me that would be a little stupid wouldn't it?

I can tell you for a fact that I have worked at places where my input meant little to nothing with the big wigs. I've had corporate jobs where I wouldn't even have access to executive management. Their secretaries would barely give people in my position the time of day.

Fact is, we don't know how much exposure Tony has to the rest of the company. I can almost guarantee he's not intentionally not bringing up these issue, if given the chance.

I can also guarantee that when the 4K comes out, all the ppl that were complaining this whole time are still likely to buy it, and they'll probably love it, and they'll go on to shoot more videos of their cat in their living room (which seems to be what a lot of ppl were waiting to get their BMCCs for).

I agree he is not intentionally not replying to these issues. For that reason no one is blaming Tony and the real problem lies with BMD's lack of information.

The question stands then. Why cant Tony ask BMD to update us and why cant he tell us why they either wont or wont allow him to tell us. Although pretty clear they wont allow him to either tell us or update him.

The problem is BMD wont talk to their customers about why the cameras are delayed. So why wont they?

You would cynically answer because they have nothing new to say and I would say they do have something new to say "WHY has the deadline been missed.

Logically it must be more than sensor calibration now and clearly BMD are playing for time. So they are working on the problem and that problem is likely to be with the sensor. Maybe they don't want to mention sensor problems again.

With a lack of information and a need to know when this camera will come out if at all as we are all floundering about in the dark then we can only take our best stab at it and my best guess is they cant achieve 12 stops with the global shutter and the sensor and probably more like 10 or perhaps 11. So maybe they have found a new sensor or got the manufacturer to redesign.

So the question is will the camera be released this year or next year Shall I hold on or shall I buy another camera Hw long will we be kept in limbo land and why do this to us their customers when they could so easily just update us.

Then we have those who constantly crawl up BM's bum and overturn what is a reasonable ask with here we round the mulberry bush designed sentences like "BMD are helping / done a lot for us. We should be grateful BMD will update us when there is any news. BMD are a new company" And then of course even personal attacks on how professional the complainer is and grow up or go somewhere else

All designed to make the arse licker look wise wonderful and a good forget me not friend of BMD While making the poor old frustrated customer looked at in a negative light. How sad is that?

Could the way this is going do anymore to offload all those wanting a BMD camera?

Only because BMD have this corner of the market sown up they can do this. But I can assure you for now and in the future when other cameras do become available and things change People will remember being held by a thread waiting for a glimmer of news that could so easily have been given.
Mark Davies

Dustin Albert

PostSat Oct 19, 2013 2:43 pm

Mark2929 wrote:Logically it must be more than sensor calibration now and clearly BMD are playing for time. So they are working on the problem and that problem is likely to be with the sensor. Maybe they don't want to mention sensor problems again.

With a lack of information and a need to know when this camera will come out if at all as we are all floundering about in the dark then we can only take our best stab at it and my best guess is they cant achieve 12 stops with the global shutter and the sensor and probably more like 10 or perhaps 11. So maybe they have found a new sensor or got the manufacturer to redesign.

So the question is will the camera be released this year or next year Shall I hold on or shall I buy another camera Hw long will we be kept in limbo land and why do this to us their customers when they could so easily just update us.

Then we have those who constantly crawl up BM's bum and overturn what is a reasonable ask with here we round the mulberry bush designed sentences like "BMD are helping / done a lot for us. We should be grateful BMD will update us when there is any news. BMD are a new company" And then of course even personal attacks on how professional the complainer is and grow up or go somewhere else

All designed to make the arse licker look wise wonderful and a good forget me not friend of BMD While making the poor old frustrated customer looked at in a negative light. How sad is that?

Could the way this is going do anymore to offload all those wanting a BMD camera?

Only because BMD have this corner of the market sown up they can do this. But I can assure you for now and in the future when other cameras do become available and things change People will remember being held by a thread waiting for a glimmer of news that could so easily have been given.

Well stated.

bodybyvi

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 12:13 pm

now what is the condition actually??? is there any update

Panamatom

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 1:53 pm

Shipping september.

That means IMHO sep 2014, I guess.

The good news is: every day we are coming closer!

Alex Valente

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 2:09 pm

Panamatom wrote:Shipping september.

That means IMHO sep 2014, I guess.

If that turns out to be true BM is going to have a hard time trying to sell it. Panasonic is making their move and announced a video camera to compete with Canon's C300 for 1/5 of the price (their words).

If this also turns out to be true I really don't know where BM is going to place their 4K camera with all the complains they are getting.

ANd this is only me talking without complaining (never did), but having a preorder on one for a long time now.

Return to Off-Topic