A few Questions about the Ethernet Protocol Commands.

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

dgoad

A few Questions about the Ethernet Protocol Commands.

PostTue Dec 17, 2013 4:09 pm

Hello,
I am programming a remote interface for the HyperDeck Studio Pro. I have a few questions about some of the commands shown in the manual. Basically, I am trying to have the software lockout manual operation of the keypad while the recorder is under remote control. Or to at least give the remote program some control over some functions. Like the manual release of the remote enable button while the software is in control.
1) What can I expect in this regard?

2) What exactly does the "remote: override: (true/false)" do?
I don't see that it does anything. I was hoping that turning this 'false' would stop someone from
walking up to the recorder and playing with the buttons. But, it don't seem to do that. I can turn this to 'false' ( and I tried 'true' ) and I can still walk up and push any button on the front panel and the recorder responds to my button press.

What are the other choices that are available to be used with the configuration: format: "?" command?
There is also a 'configuration' command. Such as: configuration: input: XLR There is a version of the configuration command: configuration: format: "NTSC", but the documentation does not give what the other choices are or might be.

3) What are the notifiers?
How would someone take advantage of them?
Could this be a way to turn off the message the is sent every time a TCP/IP connection is made?

While I am speaking of this, I would like to place a comment here about the lack of a standard "end of string or message character" Currently, the CR/LF character is used, but it is also used all through-out the message. This makes it very hard to parse out the return messages. Maybe you could use a double <CR/LF><CR/LF> or <x02> or <x03> or something else entirely. This would make it a lot easier to parse the message.

4) Is there a programmers manual for the ethernet protocol that give a better look at the commands, their usage, the return strings and the effects each command has on the operation of the recorder? While there is some marginal information in the operational manual, a dedicated document would be great.

Thanks in advance for any information that might be useful to myself and others.

Dan.

Menotodokukagiri

Re: A few Questions about the Ethernet Protocol Commands.

PostSun Feb 23, 2014 9:25 pm

Did you get any replies on this anywhere?

Return to Off-Topic