Buying a BMCC at B&H

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Valentino R. Sandoli

Buying a BMCC at B&H

PostFri Jan 31, 2014 3:26 pm

Hi,

I have serious concerns on buying on internet, specially if it's an abroud company, I'm from Spain and I am not sure if anything can happen when buying the camera in B&H. I mean, when I want to check out the cart, I select the option of "pay now" and it says everything is being paid in that moment, but I'm concerned about the duties and the customs once the product had arrived in Spain, would the package be stuck in there? Is it possible that they charge me with taxes that B&H didn't mention?

Also, how does the guarantee works if I'm in Spain and I bought the camera in the States?

Thank you, I contacted with B&H but they didn't solve my questions at all.

paulraymaekers

Re: Buying a BMCC at B&H

PostFri Jan 31, 2014 3:36 pm

valensaz_shelter wrote:Hi,

I have serious concerns on buying on internet, specially if it's an abroud company, I'm from Spain and I am not sure if anything can happen when buying the camera in B&H. I mean, when I want to check out the cart, I select the option of "pay now" and it says everything is being paid in that moment, but I'm concerned about the duties and the customs once the product had arrived in Spain, would the package be stuck in there? Is it possible that they charge me with taxes that B&H didn't mention?

Also, how does the guarantee works if I'm in Spain and I bought the camera in the States?

Thank you, I contacted with B&H but they didn't solve my questions at all.

bought a BMPCC from B&H, together with a speedbooster, a 128GB card, some other stuff

ordered friday morning, next monday at noon arrived on my desk: perfect service

of course you pay VAT and a small amount of duties when it arrives, but that's normal

Valentino R. Sandoli

PostFri Jan 31, 2014 3:45 pm

But, are you in Spain too, paulray?

paulraymaekers

PostFri Jan 31, 2014 4:15 pm

valensaz_shelter wrote:But, are you in Spain too, paulray?

sorry, forgot to mention, I'm in Belgium

so I assume same rules apply conc duties and VAT

I have a VAT registered company, maybe that's easier, but in my case I simply paid the vat and duties when the package arrived.

Valentino R. Sandoli

PostSat Feb 01, 2014 4:56 pm

Yes, thank you Geoff, I think finally I'll buy it from a spanish reseller. I was trying to get it cheaper, but in the end it's almost the same price...

Return to Off-Topic