Canon Hf G20 HDMI Output Menu Blinks

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Carmen Mallard

Canon Hf G20 HDMI Output Menu Blinks

PostSun Mar 30, 2014 2:44 am

I know this may not be the best place to ask this question, but I don't know of another forum on the internet that can answer this. If you know of other forums I can use, please let me know. Here's my question:

I have a Canon Vixia H G20. I have an HDMI cable with the mini plug on one end and the normal size on the other. I need to extend the length of the cable. Whenever I use an extender cable or a Female to Female adapter to extend the cable, I get no signal to my ATEM Television Studio. Straight with the little cable and no extender, and it works fine. On the VIXIA camera menu the HDMI Output option is set to ON but it blinks. Also the HDMI control option blinks. These two options continue to blink until I pull the extension off the regular cable. What is going on and how can I fix this?

I need to have 25 feet of cable off this camera to use it for an event, I'm running it to a BlackMagic ATEM Television Studio.
Thanks,
Carmen

BenWorkman

Re: Canon Hf G20 HDMI Output Menu Blinks

PostFri May 02, 2014 6:09 am

Hi! You might have better luck extending your hdmi signal with something like the J Tech Digital HDMI extenders (about 70 bucks on Amazon).

I've used 3 of these (the 2 wire variant) for 3 Panasonic cameras into a Blackmagic ATEM TV for the last 2 years with no problems at all. One even goes about 120 feet. Just make sure your hdmi cables are short on either end.

Hope it helps!

Return to Off-Topic