ACTION AGAINST BMD

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

aoc

ACTION AGAINST BMD

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 10:52 am

After the recent developments I've been thinking if would be the right time to take a more practical (and organised) mesure against this situation. Blackmagic Design is mis-selling its cameras (companies can't sell a product that doesn't offer what is printed in the package. full dot). We're not happy with this.

This lead us to two questions:
It'd be worth to group with other unhappy customers and move into a group action against Blackmagic Design? (www dot gov dot uk/consumer-protection-rights)

Forget this company and their cameras instead?

As much as I love producing special images and telling good stories with them. I depend on these tools to make my living. I'm tired of seeing creative people like me wasting energy and time (money) hoping to have some attention/ consideration by a very greedy business model. Blackmagic doesn't give a minute of their thoughts to people like us. They're aiming to reach more profitable markets instead. (we all know there's no love in business - If we had the money to buy Arri/ Red/ etc we'd not be here!).

It's been about one year since I pre-ordered the BMPC camera (plus the time spent with research in many forums like this - I'm small and independent). I received the BMPC six days ago, one week before they launched another of their "funny tricks". I'm tired of this game.

My conclusion: we should use our precious time to produce good films with other cameras and forget these guys... BMD GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR WORLD DOMINATION PLAN!

Alex

FrankApollonio

Lets get a class action lawsuit moving (bmcc 2.5k)

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 12:17 pm

BlackMagic Design unfortunately isnt going to fix everything on there first cameras. Honestly i dont think they can. So lets say by this july, (when all the new equipment is suppose to come out) that if they dont have fixes for : black sun spot , professional audio , and everything else advertised, then we move forward with making it right on our terms. I have 4 lawyers in the family and have no problem getting what I paid for.

Please list any features that were promised with this camera

kingoflions

Re: Lets get a class action lawsuit moving (bmcc 2.5k)

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 12:33 pm

- not all Canon EF lenses are working (hat to try 4 (!) 17-40mm to find one that's working!)
- if you want to add the 4K Model to your list: non working RAW

Return to Off-Topic