What is the FPN of this forum?

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

bmaier

What is the FPN of this forum?

PostWed Apr 09, 2014 6:47 am

Granted, this is my first post (and topic), which means I have already broken some etiquette rules and have NO street cred for my words with (1) post to my name. However, I have followed this forum very closely for about 9 months, reading nearly everything related to the 4k PC because I am on the verge of investing in this platform. Then NAB 2014 happened and this forum went all haywire.

So the subject line of my topic is more of rhetorical one I guess.

To what extent have aspects of this forum devolved into an echo chamber of discontent that drowns out contented users of Blackmagic products? It seems in the last 48 hours, the only perspective that gains any traction is one that expresses deep deep deep hurt and deep deep dismay at such a terrible company that would so ignore their current user base. Honestly some threads read like the Salem witch trials with an angry mob of torch bearing BM users chanting "To the booth of BM at NAB!". Granted the relative anonymity of a forum allows all of us to tap out a response which accelerates our frustrations and broadcasts it (what I'm doing now). But it was amazing for me to follow this mob mentality after months of thoughtful posts and some of which shared genuine frustration. At the end of Monday this forum resembled a bathroom stall with a sharpie marker scrawled all over it.

I'm pretty sure Blackmagic knows they have some upset users at this stage. I just hope this forum finds its equilibrium post NAB.

This should be moved to "off topic", but I think most people check "Cinematography" first to get the latest gossip.

"You're out of your element Donny"

Return to Off-Topic