Archived drivers

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Luc Renambot

Archived drivers

PostMon Jul 14, 2014 11:41 pm

Is the archived drivers pages gone from the new support site ?
Can't find it.
Please put it back (since the v10.x drivers are still unusable for me).
thanks,

Luc

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: Archived drivers

PostMon Jul 14, 2014 11:55 pm

We're currently looking into a solution for the older drivers.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Roger Poole

PostFri May 15, 2015 10:49 am

There are a huge number of FCP7 users around who still need the older drivers from time to time so I think it's really bad that BM have withdrawn support. How expensive is it to store drivers on the server? Given I have paid quite a lot on BM products I'm not happy about seemingly being cast adrift. Years ago, shortly after buying into the Matrox RT Mac I got dumped like everyone else. Consequently I have never bought any more Matrox products on principle.

Support please.
Last edited by Roger Poole on Mon May 18, 2015 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matt Jefferson

Blackmagic Design

PostMon May 18, 2015 4:57 pm

Roger -

The older drivers were put up on our support page last year. You can find older /archive drivers on the support page.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/suppor ... d-playback
Scroll down and look for left most column in the browser and then slide down inside that box and you will find drivers were available when Final Cut 7 was supported. We no longer provide support (no longer updating these drivers). Also, you must use a Decklink card that was shipping and supported during that time with an appropriate Mac OSX.

The oldest is 7.9.4 from January 2011 and then there are multiple 9.x drivers from 2012 and 2013.

Roger Poole

PostMon May 18, 2015 11:05 pm

Matt, many thanks for your response. I have now found the Desktop video 9.5.3 version which is great for FCP7 under Snow Leopard which is what I run on my Mac Pro 3.1.
I also have another Mac Pro 3.1 which is running FCP6 under Snow Leopard, (FCP6 is more stable than 7), but the Intensity drivers are gone for that configuration. I don't expect the drivers to be updated at all for older configurations but I do expect them to be still there if I need them at some stage if I have to rebuild my system.

However, many thanks again.

Return to Off-Topic