Product Request

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Thomas Beck

Product Request

PostThu Nov 29, 2012 2:30 pm

My name is Thomas Beck, I operate a small public access station in ohio. We willl be shedding our 20+ year old jvc switcher and converting to an atem 1 early next year. We are very excited about the possibilities this device will deliver at a fantastic price point. If all goes well, our editing system to be purchased next year will contain a blackmagic card. We will also look at a hyperdeck next year as well.

Everything about the studio will be hd except for the final product. Broadcast will remain in sd for the foreseable future as the cable company does not particularly have a priority to grant the equipment and bandwidth to broadcast public access in hd. What a shame.

Now to my request. We currently upload our final programs to a leightronix server. This requires capturing via the composite outputs of the atem or in case of editing by encoding the final product.

A leightronix nexus like product that could ingest hd files and schedule playback converting the signal as it plays would save countless hours of rendering and would allow the same video format to be used throughout the process.

I would be happy to supply anymore information or clarify anything if you wish to discuss further.

Thank you for your time.

Liam Kennedy

Re: Product Request

PostThu Nov 29, 2012 7:06 pm

ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

kricher

PostThu Nov 29, 2012 8:42 pm

Thomas,

I am quite familiar with the Leightronix nexus Product as I use one for an LPTV station that I work with. How do you ingest or load programs into it now? Do you record them directly in or do you FTP them on the hard drives?

Thomas Beck

PostFri Nov 30, 2012 3:18 pm

I currently do a bit of both. Any production recorded live in the studio is ingested by the leightronix unit. Any programmed recorded outside the studio and/or editing on my adobe workstation are uploaded from hard drives.

Adonis

PostWed Dec 12, 2012 5:53 am

Well, when rendering at a quality below “Medium”, you may notice artificial lights “Light Source Definition Shape” do not fully match the shape in the family. to have the artificial light shape fully calculated, render at “Medium” quality or above...
--Adonis
www.lovemyhome.net/business

Return to Off-Topic