Ideas for Micro Cinema remote and Big Sensors

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Richard S Smith

Ideas for Micro Cinema remote and Big Sensors

PostWed Apr 20, 2016 11:53 pm

wasnt sure where to post this...

but to Blackmagic...

good work on all the excellent new Products.. I have just dropped some money on several of your various units.

A few ideas;

- not sure if you guys have thought about this... for micro cinema camera...

having the on screen display/ overlay switchable ON / OFF via remote.... Then i would be able to check the cameras status from remote screens when the shot is not going to program. A great security if you can not reach the camera buttons or local monitor.

-also a "Audio Limiter" (other than Auto Gain) would make a nice option on your cameras, or audio "channels strip" style GUI... like most digital audio consoles......

I am mainly an audio guy and a "higher ratio" audio compression at a "high threshold" would allow for natural sounding audio - with no auto gain "pumping" between dialogue etc... but offer protection against unexpected transients that would over modulate. (not saying your audio / auto gain is bad).

Digital audio consoles all have very competent digital compression these days and i think its time video gear caught up.... perhaps look at Apogee's Soft Limit function......

could really set a benchmark in camera audio standards there.....

- BIG SENSORS - Im sure you have seen the JVC LS 300 - using Variable Pixel Mapping to select the sensor real estate used to match all types of lenses - it looks really fantastic.... ( on promo videos) .... v2 firmware includes..... Prime Zoom.... zooming using pixel mapping at high res.

Could work for BM too.... as the interchangeable MFT mount is in common.

I can only imagine that soon you will be able to get pickups... and pan and between people in interviews without resetting your shot or adjusting camera??!! The sensor size and resolution is getting really interesting.

Regards, Richard.

Return to Off-Topic