FOR HIRE: Colorist Available For Free

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Aaron Watson

FOR HIRE: Colorist Available For Free

PostSat Jun 25, 2016 8:29 pm

Hey Guys

I have 5 years of televison experience as well as various wedding, music videos, promos, etc.
I recently left my old production company and for legal reasons I have nothing I can use for my portfolio/reel.

I was looking for some small projects I can help with, mainly advertising, music videos, shorts.
All I ask in return is the right to use a few shots in my colorist reel/portfolio

The files I'm used to working with are R3D, DNXHD, Prores,CinemaDNG however I'm very flexible with codecs/resolutions.

I mainly use Davinci Resolve 12 (Paid version) but I also have all Adobe products and licenses for various plugins.

If you're working on a project and need a colorist just send me a message, you have nothing to loose :)

Thanks,

Jacques Lamour

Re: FOR HIRE: Colorist Available For Free

PostFri Jul 15, 2016 2:26 pm

Hi Aaron,

I would be interested in using your services for a short film that I produced. It is roughly 25 mins and shot on a BMURSA 4k in RAW. We converted the files to ProRes 422 for our editor who edited in Adobe Premiere. I am not sure the best approach at this point since we didn't follow the proper workflow as it relates to linking the files. Is that something you can still do after the fact? Or if its easier could you just color the final ProRes 422 render of the film? I would love to discuss this in more detail offline if you are interested. Also, where are you located?

Thanks,

Jacques

Fahnon Bennett

PostTue Jul 19, 2016 8:03 pm

Aaron Watson wrote:Hey Guys

I have 5 years of televison experience as well as various wedding, music videos, promos, etc.
I recently left my old production company and for legal reasons I have nothing I can use for my portfolio/reel.

I was looking for some small projects I can help with, mainly advertising, music videos, shorts.
All I ask in return is the right to use a few shots in my colorist reel/portfolio

The files I'm used to working with are R3D, DNXHD, Prores,CinemaDNG however I'm very flexible with codecs/resolutions.

I mainly use Davinci Resolve 12 (Paid version) but I also have all Adobe products and licenses for various plugins.

If you're working on a project and need a colorist just send me a message, you have nothing to loose :)

Thanks,

PM sent!

Lee Gauthier

PostWed Jul 20, 2016 5:12 am

Just a word to the wise:

This is not legal advice, but a lawyer once told me that in USA, in order to make a contract legally binding, you have to include "consideration," which is legalese for payment. The payment may be in money, goods, services or financial instruments, but there has to be a transfer of value.

This is why when Steve Jobs didn't want a salary as iCEO of Apple, he worked for $1 per year instead.

Return to Off-Topic