Blackmagics big secret?

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Baz

Blackmagics big secret?

PostFri Aug 12, 2016 12:38 am

As you all are aware, most, if not all of Blackmagics products have USB connections for doing firmware updates and configurations; and that's it. Lets face it, it's a direct connection to the internal workings of the device.

So, is there something else this connector can do that we do not know about? Here is an example....

Hyperdeck Shuttle - this is the little brother of the Hyperdeck Studio that has a lot of extra stuff...
Wouldn't it be nice to control the Hyperdeck Shuttle via the USB; simple things like deck control etc.
Then people could make control panels to interface to other devices... even use the USB port to I/O timecode to multiple Hyperdeck Shuttle's to gang them together...

ATEM - The USB port on some models do achieve other functions but it could be expanded to do things like, again, timecode I/O to send to recorders/camera's etc ....

VIDEO ASSISTS - full control via USB so I can keep my screens clear of fingerprints!

I can think of many functions for many products and maybe one day....

MISC
U/S Express, SmartviewDuo, SmartScopeDuo, Teranex 2D, Web Pres, 5/7 Vid Assists
VIDEOHUB
Smart 12x12
12x24
72x144
HYPERDECK
Studio, Shuttle, Studio Mini
ATEM
2me4K, 2me, TVS, TVS HD, CamConvs, StudioConvs, Studio Cams, Micro Studio Cam

Reuben Hustler

Re: Blackmagics big secret?

PostSat Aug 13, 2016 12:27 am

Baz wrote:
ATEM - The USB port on some models do achieve other functions but it could be expanded to do things like, again, timecode I/O to send to recorders/camera's etc ....

According to the latest (Jul 1st) ATEM Switchers manual, the ATEM 1 & 2 M/E production switchers have USB3.0 ports that output the AUX1 uncompressed.

Strange, as the spec pages still show them as USB2.0. Updated items coming soon?

Return to Off-Topic