Research for new opportunities.

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Brad Ballew

Research for new opportunities.

PostThu Aug 25, 2016 1:56 pm

So I have been doing production work for a number of years. I have had some great opportunities to work on some really amazing productions in the past. However, since I settled in Dallas, much of what I have been getting is mid level corporate work. I am ready to step up my game and have been on the search for production companies that are doing challenging and interesting work. I am currently working full time as a Director, DP, Editor, and Motion Graphics artist at a smaller production company and I am absolutely bored to tears. There isn't a lot of time allocated to doing thorough preproduction work, and our post workflow depends heavily on videohive. This drives me crazy, because I like to really engage the projects I work on and experiment with new ideas and workflows. However, things are so tight, that our company is basically a corporate video assembly line.

So I have a plan to locate various production companies around the country and see if I can start doing some more interesting freelance work. I really want to find a single company I can grow with as opposed to jumping around from place to place. So my questions is this,.. So far I have found some really great places via google search, but I am sure there are companies that I am not seeing that could potentially be great opportunities. What other resources are there to locate some of the creatives behind the larger commercial productions? I really want to exhaust all my options.

Thanks!
Brad Ballew
Director, Cinematographer, Editor, Motion Graphics
http://www.bradballew.com/

Return to Off-Topic