BMPCC spotted as a YouTube VLOG Camera?!

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Manoel Flesch

BMPCC spotted as a YouTube VLOG Camera?!

PostThu Nov 03, 2016 10:56 am

I just saw a video from PewDiePie and spotted a BMPCC. So, that happend: (Minute 4:17)

As the video continues you can see the image is rarely useable, not that he cares a single bit about image quality... His setup however caught my attention. As far as I can see he has a metabones speedbooster for EF and a 24mm Canon lens. The microphone and the holder for it is a mystery to me. I was surprised that the audio is actually good, giving the fact that the preamps of the bmpcc are often criticised. I own a bmpcc myself and as far as I see it this camera is incredibly small but can't be used as a "real" pocket camera since it needs to be rigged out. The video kind of proves that since he would have needed auto exposure and a better autofocus, both things our little bmpcc doesn't do well. Stabilisation is okay in my opinion so I'm wondering, could the pocket be used as a go-to-vlog-travel-freaking-anywhere camera?

Joshua Dredge

Re: BMPCC spotted as a YouTube VLOG Camera?!

PostSun Nov 06, 2016 8:09 am

I use an URSA as my "vlog" camera and it yields about the same results as my iPhone, it's just a bit easier to shoot with.

Return to Off-Topic