China HDMI-SDI converter and max. SDI cable length

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Thomas Seewald

China HDMI-SDI converter and max. SDI cable length

PostWed Feb 08, 2017 2:28 pm

Hello in the round,

Our sports club will need to cope with a distance of 75-100m between camera and mixer (ATEM TVS) for one of the coming Livestreams - format 1080i.

A low-cost Liqoo converter is used to convert the HDMI signal from the camera to SDI. With 50m high-quality 75Ohm cable (the current cable) the transmission functioned. For the longer distance, we will have to buy HD-SDI cable. For cost reasons, the Sommer Vector floats.

Has anyone here experience with the transfer of SDI from "amateur devices" (or even with the Liqoo) with this cable type?

According to specification it should go ...
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

Xtreemtec

Re: China HDMI-SDI converter and max. SDI cable length

PostSun Feb 12, 2017 6:24 pm

All depends on the chipset used and how well and propper they designed there pcb and layout there components..

100 meter 1,5G can be intermitting even with the right cable and quality converters..

It could go nicely but my thumb role these days is
"Over 75 meters HD, Go fiber"
"Over 30 meters 4K, Go fiber"

And Sommercable Vector 600 is very good.. It is up to spec even for 12G-SDI.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Thomas Seewald

Re: China HDMI-SDI converter and max. SDI cable length

PostTue Feb 28, 2017 11:42 am

I bought 160m "Sommer Cable Vector". I tested successfully at first a 90m piece and afterwards 3 chainded pieces (90m + 40m + 30m) with Liqoo converter connected to ATEM TVS operating 1080i50.
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

Return to Off-Topic