Forum Search Engine 'Tripple Secret Codes'

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Mark Allie

Forum Search Engine 'Tripple Secret Codes'

PostThu Mar 30, 2017 10:11 pm

Is this one of those search engines where you have to know the secret handshake to find useful information on a particular subject? I search on Intensity and I searched on Shuttle and I searched on "Intensity Shuttle". I got the same message for each inquiry. The words were too common followed by what was allowed as a search criterion. Does anybody know the 'secret codes' to get what should be a reasonable search to find anything useful on subjects pertaining to the Intensity Shuttle USB3 hardware. I just wanted to see what was already posted before I started asking questions.

Michael Smith1

Re: Forum Search Engine 'Tripple Secret Codes'

PostFri Mar 31, 2017 4:15 am

I'm not sure why they set it up that way but it's very difficult to use the search to get relevant information here. I can't search for an error code related to my device because, as you found out, 'intensity' and 'shuttle' are both automatically removed from the search even if you use other terms.

"Intensity shuttle error code 31" returns everything with the word code in it.

I'm not sure what your issue is, but from what I've figure out through Google and Amazon reviews, if you don't have the right kind of USB 3.0, the device simply will not work. It only works with certain USB 3.0 chipsets, which is not standard across all motherboards, so there's a fair chance you're simply out of luck like I think I am.

I assumed the people who left negative reviews on Amazon simply didn't understand what to do. What you probably need is USB 3.0 inputs using the NEC or Renesas chipset. There's a PCI Express card for this for $15 on Amazon. If your issue ends up being the USB Comptability, that's likely the cheapest solution for you if you want to use the card.

As for me, if that's what ends up being my issue, I'm returning it and getting something else. It stinks. The passthrough would be really nice, especially for when I want to stream HDMI gaming, but I need something that just, y'know, -works.-

Xtreemtec

PostFri Mar 31, 2017 1:20 pm

Well ask your question here.. good that you tryed to search. But search is sometimes blinding.. :?

About USB3.0 BMD products in general.. they are almost not compatible with any device other the devices with a specific chipset from Renesas that is Out of Production for 5 years now..
most But not all other usb 3.0 ports are not compatible..

Check >> viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4277&hilit=List+of+usb3
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Lee Gauthier

PostFri Mar 31, 2017 4:28 pm

Open a new browser page, go to Google Search and type:

Code: Select all
"Intensity Shuttle" site:http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com

This will get you the results you want. Obviously, you can substitute any search string. Also, give Google Advanced Search a try, it can give you more ways to drill down.

The important trick is

Code: Select all
site:http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com

That tells Google just to search on this forum site.

Hope that helps.

Scott Smith

PostSat Apr 01, 2017 2:45 am

....you can leave off the "http://" if you like. Google just needs the "site:forum.blackmagicdesign.com"

Either works, and better then the internal search.
Scott R Smith
BMD Stuff I use: ATEM 2-M/E, 4 x ATEM PS 4K, Broadcast Videohub, 6 Hyperdeck Pros, 4 Hyperdeck Shuttles, Multidock, Smartscope Duo, Smartview, Intensity Extreme, Decklink Studio, and lots of Miniconverters and Open Gear Converters.

Return to Off-Topic