Multidock Protective Cover

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Brian Poe

Multidock Protective Cover

PostSat May 20, 2017 3:16 pm

I have my Multidock up and running and very pleased with the performance. However, I am covered that the thin drives that I have plugged in are too easily subject to damage. There is so much play in the bay that they easily wiggle if touched and since I have these on a mobile rack storage unit they could get bumped, which I fear would result in the drive connectors breaking off. Has anyone taken steps to cover these with some sort of rack extension? Just a simple guard or vent extension should do. I will not likely be in a situation where I am swapping out drives consistently, so having to unscrew the cover plate is not a huge deal, but having one with a pop-off or hinged lid would great.

Asgeir Hustad

Re: Multidock Protective Cover

PostThu Oct 05, 2017 2:30 pm

I realize there are several months since this was posted. but why can't you just take the drives out during transport? It would be much safer in any case.

Mark it with some neon gaffer tape if you need to, and stuff it in a 1U rack drawer or a bag or somethign :)

Clayton Von Isaacs

Re: Multidock Protective Cover

PostMon Oct 09, 2017 6:40 am

Brian Poe wrote:I have my Multidock up and running and very pleased with the performance. However, I am covered that the thin drives that I have plugged in are too easily subject to damage. There is so much play in the bay that they easily wiggle if touched and since I have these on a mobile rack storage unit they could get bumped, which I fear would result in the drive connectors breaking off. Has anyone taken steps to cover these with some sort of rack extension? Just a simple guard or vent extension should do. I will not likely be in a situation where I am swapping out drives consistently, so having to unscrew the cover plate is not a huge deal, but having one with a pop-off or hinged lid would great.

I just put a towel over mine
Clayton Von Isaacs
daydreamersproductions.com

Return to Off-Topic