ENQUIRY. - THREAD PITCH OF SPEEDBOOSTER OPTICAL CELLS.

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

robert Hart

ENQUIRY. - THREAD PITCH OF SPEEDBOOSTER OPTICAL CELLS.

PostWed Jul 19, 2017 8:18 am

I am in the process of making a special insert for the BM URSA 4KV1 PL camera to accommodate a 0.71 "Ultra" optical cell from a Metabones Speedbooster.

Does anyone by chance know what the pitch of the threaded section of the optical cell is. It is very fine and likely to be a nightmare for a backyard engineer like me to reproduce. I could machine a piece of Delrin and use its inherent compliance to screw the optical cell into without having to cut an actual thread. I would prefer to do the job properly.

Metabones simply does not reply to messages so there is not much point to trying for info from them forever.

I would like also to get hold of a spare anti-reflection cone for the URSA. I may go the nolathane casting route for mounting the speedbooster optical cell within a spare cone. With care and use of a suitable separation material, I should be able to preserve the functionailty of the thread for fine backfocus adjustments.

Does anyone know how best to go about getting hold of BM spares. Navigating to someone who can actually help, assuming the company would want to is proving an enigma.

robert Hart

Re: ENQUIRY. - THREAD PITCH OF SPEEDBOOSTER OPTICAL CELLS.

PostSun Aug 13, 2017 5:41 pm

Furthur to the above post.

The thread pitch of the speedbooster optical cell appears to be 0.050mm. The thread pitch for the anti-reflection cone appears to be 0.100mm.

These were the pitches I used in machining the adaptor and they seems to have worked fine.

Return to Off-Topic