STOLEN URSA Mini Pro and DJI Ronin with Extension Arms

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

AserSantosJr

STOLEN URSA Mini Pro and DJI Ronin with Extension Arms

PostTue Oct 10, 2017 11:51 pm

If this isn't the right section to post this into, my apologies. If there is a different section of this forum I can post it to I will gladly delete this post and post it there.

My URSA Mini Pro and DJI Ronin packages were stolen while out on a rental. I believe they were stolen in Van Nuys, not sure on specific city, just sure it was in the Valley; will confirm with the renter.

Some distinguishing marks on the URSA Mini Pro are a strip of velcro assistant side on the top of the body, a small nick on the bottom right corner of the LCD screen from closing it improperly, SmallRig Top Cheese Plate, and the serial number is XXXX985.

The other pieces in my camera package includes a Pelican 1650 with TrekPak dividers, two 93Wh IDX batteries (labeled A1 and A2 with a white label and black font and softside velcro on the back) with dual charger, one 147Wh IDX battery (with soft side velcro on the back), BlackMagic Video Assist 5" with an "A.Santos" label and small velcro strips on the sides and an adhesive left from a velcro strip on the top, ProAm sunhood, SmallRig knockoff 15mm Baseplate with two rails, short SmallRig articulating arm, Aputure articulating arm, SmallRig NATO top handle, BlackMagic URSA Mini Shoulder Kit, six LP-E6 Batteries labeled A1, A2 (Canon OEM), B1, B2 (Wasabi Power), C1, and C2 (RavPower), three LP-E6 chargers (Canon OEM, Wasabi Single Channel, RavPower Dual Channel), HTC USB Wall plug.

Defining characteristic on Pelican case is the extending handle's plastic is fraying a bit from being pushed against gravel, a small A3 label near the top, and a strip of black gaff tape on the front cover.

Understandably, all labels have probably been removed lol. There are a few other characteristics, if you think you have found it, contact me so I may be able to check it out and let you know what else to look for.

For the DJI Ronin, the defining characteristics are two intelligent batteries labeled "A.Santos", I believe DJI extension arms (I bought this second hand on RedUser from user Lawrence Kim), and the DJI Grip to make it function closer to a Movi. The bluetooth connection username would be "ASantos" and the case had red paper tape also labeled A.Santos, which I am surprised has stayed on through many rentals haha.

You can find both these listings on my ShareGrid account.
URSA Mini Pro Package: https://losangeles.sharegrid.com/en/lis ... for-gimbal
Ronin Base Package: https://losangeles.sharegrid.com/en/lis ... -batteries

Insurance is taking care of it as the renter has placed a claim through their insurance and has started the process to file a police report, I have also made a claim through ShareGrid and have been told by my insurance to hang tight as they sort it out on his end. For the time being it looks like I am out of these packages for at least a month, let me know if you have any leads and any other places to post this! I have posted or will post to BMCUser, RedUser, several Facebook groups, and the BMD Forum.

Thank you so much and you can contact me at asersantosjr@gmail.com

Have a great day everyone!
Last edited by Tony Rivera on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Content edited for privacy concerns

Denny Smith

Re: STOLEN URSA Mini Pro and DJI Ronin with Extension Arms

PostFri Oct 13, 2017 1:51 am

You should not post the Ser No, I would remove this info. Sorry for your loss. :(
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Xtreemtec

PostFri Oct 13, 2017 4:56 pm

Denny can you explain why he should not post the Serialnumber.

I mean if i would buy a 2nd hand camera i would run the serial number trough google.. ;) When it is flagged stolen i would certain call police backup.

What benefit would i have if i had a serial number of an ursa camera? I mean google arround there are a lot of images on the net with the serial number on it ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Jack Fairley

PostFri Oct 13, 2017 6:47 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:Denny can you explain why he should not post the Serialnumber.

I think with the new Resolve license system someone could steal his license this way. Not sure how it works, though.
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

Denny Smith

PostSat Oct 14, 2017 5:13 pm

You could list the last three digits of the Ser.No., but posting the entire number on an open forum could result,in fraudulent use of the Ser. No. By a third party. I give the police the Ser.no. for stolen property, and one can useually provide the police a suspected Ser.no, and they can confirm if it’s listed as stolen or not.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

AserSantosJr

PostFri Oct 20, 2017 3:46 am

Thank you for the advice! Wish I had email notifications on, had no idea this was replied to. I have since done the same for the serial number on my other posts. I have it registered to me through BlackMagic as well as my insurance, so hopefully that was a bit of a defense.
Still no luck with the stolen equipment, investigation is still going, and I am taking tons of grip work to make up for the lost income.

Return to Off-Topic