Contour ShuttlePro

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Radman

Contour ShuttlePro

PostTue Apr 02, 2013 8:08 pm

Hi,

Does anyone have this working by any chance?

Cheers, Radman.

zulusafari

Re: Contour ShuttlePro

PostWed Apr 03, 2013 4:16 pm

yes, but why are you asking on a Blackmagic website? I'm fairly certain there is no relationship with that hardware and this company and it's products.

James Christopher

PostWed Apr 03, 2013 6:25 pm

What is it that you wanted to do. You can program it your self to do anything you want.

Radman

PostWed Apr 03, 2013 10:25 pm

Yes, I do own a Safari Park in SA as well as a payed version of Resolve. Plus making a Film on the Zulu Nation. What are you talking about.
What is happening to this FORUM.
nUTS!

Jimc, thankyou. Simple question simple answer!

zulusafari

PostThu Apr 04, 2013 6:25 am

Dude seriously? My 'yes' was not simple enough of an answer? I was not trying to be sarcastic or offending. Your question was so broad and open ended it was hardly a question. Even Jim started his answer with a question. If you provide more information and context to your question you can get a more helpful reply.

Radman

PostThu Apr 04, 2013 10:18 am

Seriously DUDE, I should never have asked in the first place.
If you own one and have no issues re compatability with Resolve then thanks.
If not well, cheers.

pS: I know there should'nt be an issue but I just asked just in case there was ever so slight a chance Ok!

Over and out.

editdave

PostMon May 06, 2013 7:17 pm

Hey all, I use the Contour Shuttle Pro with Resolve. It works well, but it doesn't specifically recognize Resolve as an application. The Contour Shuttle usually can recognize apps and switch the button mapping to match the application's needs.

Because it doesn't specifically recognize Resolve, I have my key mapping set to trigger with the shuttle's global settings; ie it treats any unrecognized application like it was Resolve. Which is okay, because it recognizes my other production apps and media players just fine.

According to the forum post copied below, Contour says that BMD has "blocked' their driver from recognizing Resolve.
Unfortunately, in this particular case, it is not our call. Blackmagic has blocked our driver from recognizing their software. Feel free to reach out to them and request that they allow for support with the Shuttle devices.
-source http://forums.contourdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3367#p4482

Radman

PostMon May 06, 2013 9:33 pm

EditDave, a big thanks for your input. Very informative.
Cheers, Radman.

Clayton Von Isaacs

PostSat May 14, 2016 9:53 pm

editdave wrote:Hey all, I use the Contour Shuttle Pro with Resolve. It works well, but it doesn't specifically recognize Resolve as an application. The Contour Shuttle usually can recognize apps and switch the button mapping to match the application's needs.

Because it doesn't specifically recognize Resolve, I have my key mapping set to trigger with the shuttle's global settings; ie it treats any unrecognized application like it was Resolve. Which is okay, because it recognizes my other production apps and media players just fine.

According to the forum post copied below, Contour says that BMD has "blocked' their driver from recognizing Resolve.
Unfortunately, in this particular case, it is not our call. Blackmagic has blocked our driver from recognizing their software. Feel free to reach out to them and request that they allow for support with the Shuttle devices.
-source http://forums.contourdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3367#p4482

I am new to Mac but have some Mac friends, but they can not figure out what you ddi either. Can you explain to me how you did this either here or in PM. Thanks
Clayton Von Isaacs
daydreamersproductions.com

Peter Cave

PostMon May 16, 2016 12:44 am

The latest Mac Shuttle driver works fine and can be customised to recognise the application in use. The issues in this thread no longer exist.
Resolve 18.6.6 Mac OSX 14.4.1 Sonoma
Mac Studio Max 32GB

Return to Off-Topic