Blackmagic Media Express - Standalone Player Please

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Pete Grayson

Blackmagic Media Express - Standalone Player Please

PostTue Nov 28, 2017 11:46 pm

Hi all.

It would be great if there was a free standalone version of a Blackmagic Media Express Player.

When I output from Resolve and send the video to clients, they are usually opening the video in VLC, or Quicktime. Both of these have Luma and Chroma shift, so the client is not actually seeing what was intended through the hours of blood sweat and tears in the grade. Makes it all a bit pointless really.

The Blackmagic Media Express player replicates the chroma and luma perfectly, so wouldn't it be great to say to a client, "Make sure you watch the video in the Blackmagic Media Express Player, so you can see exactly what was intended in the grade!".

Please Blackmagic, give us a standalone player, so that my efforts, software, mini panel and grading monitor aren't a big waste of time and many thousands of dollars! It doesn't need all of the capturing ability etc, just the great player.

If there already is one and I've somehow missed it, please point me in the right direction.

Return to Off-Topic