Alternative V-mount/SSD for Ursa mini

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Fred Sanchez

Alternative V-mount/SSD for Ursa mini

PostWed Jan 10, 2018 8:01 pm

I found a very affordable option from SETDOMINATOR

I was wondering if anyone here has given them a try. I would love to have this option with a couple of 2-4TB SSD's. If not, I think ill order it and be the test pilot.

RaviRajah

Re: Alternative V-mount/SSD for Ursa mini

PostThu Jan 11, 2018 12:43 pm

wow just had a look at it. clearly one of the best builds and cheapest. only thing is whether it can handle high speeds for 120 fps recording... and seems like international shipping is an issue on the site

Xtreemtec

PostSat Jan 13, 2018 1:38 pm

RaviRajah wrote:wow just had a look at it. clearly one of the best builds and cheapest. only thing is whether it can handle high speeds for 120 fps recording... and seems like international shipping is an issue on the site

They sell on Amazon. So what is the problem about shipping?
Nicely integrated with those Vlock mounts. But i do find there website is lacking a lot of information about the product.

Let us know if the package out of singapore has arrived ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

RaviRajah

PostThu Jan 18, 2018 10:03 am

It doesnt seem to ship internationally on amazon too, no response from queries placed on the setdominator site... who can help me order one or resell a used one?

Fred Sanchez

PostFri Jan 19, 2018 9:15 pm

Ordered it and its on its way. Im working with SanDisk extreme's, Ill let you know how well this thing keeps up. My current V-mount setup is a Juicebox kit and it gets a 10 out of 10 working with the Ursa mini pro.

RaviRajah

PostMon Feb 05, 2018 5:12 am

did you get it yet Fred? review?

Fred Sanchez

PostMon Feb 19, 2018 7:58 pm

It arrived and seems to be of great quality after a visual inspection. The only hiccup seems to be that the v-mount triangle shape clip that mounts to my Juicebox v-mount plate (SSD reader does not include mounting plate) is a little tight. You will need to have a v-mount battery plate to which this SSD reader mounts to and the battery on the SSD reader.

My location has everything outside blanketed in snow and any proper lights are at my office (today is a holiday) so I will shoot with different settings and let you know if there are any issues this week. It reads the SanDisk SSD's we used on our BMCC's with zero issues, just popped in and started right up and the camera lets you know how many minutes of capture you have left depending on the format you're using. It has an internal fan and you can barely hear it but it is there at times.

As far as images go, I have no clue how to post them on this forum as I host no images anywhere. I can tell you that the SSD reader/v-mount combination has balanced out our shoulder rig very nicely and the Ursa's screen is right at eye level with an old BMCC GiniRig shoulder setup minus the sides of the cage. This specific shoulder rig allows you to easily slide the camera and its weight distribution forward or back as needed on your shoulder or when placing the whole thing on a tripod with a mounting plate under the track.

http://www.ginirigs.net/product/delta-bmcc-rig/

Xtreemtec

PostMon Feb 19, 2018 10:10 pm

After 10 or 20 posts your able to upload attachments.. It is underneath the Submit button.

The minium post limit is to prevent spam robots trowing stuff on the board.. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Off-Topic