Blender support for blackmagic decklink/intensity cards

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

cet_1977

Blender support for blackmagic decklink/intensity cards

PostMon Mar 05, 2018 4:57 pm

It would be really cool if there was support for using these nice cards in blender 3D... Is that something the blender community would have done, or would that be something blackmagic would do? I'm just asking out in the blue.. :) I have a resolve studio licence, but it would also be really cool if i could use the acceleration cards in the video editor/ compositor in blender 3D.

muxlux

Re: Blender support for blackmagic decklink/intensity cards

PostSun Jun 02, 2019 6:33 pm

I think that's probably a Blender issue. I would love to be able to capture from a Decklink into a Video Sequence Editor timeline. Blender uses ffmpeg, which works with BlackmagicDecklinkSDK, so it's possible but I doubt it's very high on the Blender Devs' list of priorities since it's primarily a 3D modeling program.
Cheerz

ShanouBar

Re: Blender support for blackmagic decklink/intensity cards

PostWed Sep 04, 2019 8:46 pm

just rehashing this subject, regarding the support of blender to Black magic cards, in the current version of Blender 2.8 that has provided us with a new real time engine called EEVEE, would it be possible to output the engine's view port into an SDI? it would open a loads of new possibilities for CG in broadcast.

Return to Off-Topic