Making SDI Cables and Camera Platforms

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

jabney

Making SDI Cables and Camera Platforms

PostTue Apr 17, 2018 11:09 pm

Ready to start making some SDI cables to work with some future Blackmagic cameras. Found a Youtube video about crimping using Greenlee PA8000 (Crimper), TCS-5010 (Stripper), Kings 2065-10-9 (Crimp Set) and - after a reader said, "You should use the Greenlee 2657 die set for RG6..." - I'm ready to crimp.

But, before I start ordering the materials, a few questions. First, will the Greenlee-PA2097-2097 die set for d-sub 15s work with the d-sub "Expansion" on the Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera?

Also what bottom clearances for the Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera beyond the 3.24 in (w) and the 2.74 in (d) should be allowed? My plan is to use aluminum extrusions to hang platforms made of aluminum extrusions.

The perfect camera for our venue would have the remote features of the Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera, and the low-light video capture abilities of the new Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera. But until that perfect camera becomes available, renting the Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera (for a show with lights) should answer a lot of questions.
John Abney is my name

Return to Off-Topic