Need script buttons. Willing to hire to get it.

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Jack_Decker

Need script buttons. Willing to hire to get it.

PostWed May 02, 2018 9:28 pm

I need buttons to simplify and speed up my editing process. I am willing to pay for this little script ... if it will cost me just a little. ;) I am also willing to freely post this script to this forum for anyone who would like to use it as well as freely give to Black Magic to incorporate into an update and/or new version of Resolve. :D The buttons need to do the following:

Start Break Button:
Cuts both the video and audio tracks where the play line is.

End Break Button:
1) Cuts both the video and audio tracks where the play line is.
2) Cuts out the two tracks created by the Break buttons.
3) Joins the remaining tracks together.
4) Places the video track into Retime Controls.

---

Start Speed-Up Button:
Where the play line is located, clicking this button cuts the audio track and adds a speed point on the video track.

Stop Speed-up Button:
Where the play line is located, clicking this button...
1) Cuts the audio track.
2) Cuts out the new audio track made by it and the previous audio track cut.
3) Adds a speed point on the video track.
4) Changes the speed of the newly-made video track to 800%.
5) Moves the right audio track to the second speed point (the ending speed point of the 800%-sped-up video track).

I need the above for my YouTube channel where I do "Let's Play" videos of me participating in online play-money/freeroll poker tournaments. Here's a link to its YouTube homepage:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuDvWWohGNZXlzukhty277w/

To see what I am hoping will be the product of the speed-up buttons, click on the following link. It will play a video where the speed up happens very shortly after the video starts and then shortly thereafter stops.

And if you go to 22:30 of the above video, you'll see what I am hoping will be the product of the break buttons.
Last edited by Jack_Decker on Tue May 15, 2018 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

roger.magnusson

Re: Need script puttons. Willing to hire to get it.

PostFri May 04, 2018 10:07 am

The first one you can already do if the clips are linked. If they aren't linked you can still accomplish the same thing using the "Split Clip" command (Ctrl+\) or the "Razor" command (Ctrl+B). You don't need to select the razor and cut individual tracks with the mouse.

While v15 is the first scriptable version of Resolve, it doesn't yet allow edits on the timeline (as of beta 2). Maybe you could try an external macro builder.

eikonoklastes

PostMon May 07, 2018 8:27 am

Like Roger mentioned, you can use a 3rd party macro builder - like Keyboard Maestro for macOS or Autohotkey for Windows, both free.

Jack_Decker

PostMon May 07, 2018 10:40 am

eikonoklastes wrote:Like Roger mentioned, you can use a 3rd party macro builder - like Keyboard Maestro for macOS or Autohotkey for Windows, both free.

I have Windows and have posted to the AHK forum asking for help on how to do it. I didn't get a single reply.

https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=45856

Jack_Decker

PostThu May 10, 2018 2:03 am

I am not a programmer. What should I say when putting this little job up for bid on a site like Freelancer? What would it likely cost?

Jack_Decker

PostThu May 10, 2018 2:07 am

Why was this moved from Software Developers to Off Topic? This is asking about developing software for Resolve 14. How is that not on topic for Software Developers? :?:

eikonoklastes

PostSun May 13, 2018 11:42 am

Jack_Decker wrote:
eikonoklastes wrote:Like Roger mentioned, you can use a 3rd party macro builder - like Keyboard Maestro for macOS or Autohotkey for Windows, both free.

I have Windows and have posted to the AHK forum asking for help on how to do it. I didn't get a single reply.

https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=45856

The specific way you approach this might not be doable via macro scripting. Resolve doesn't allow keyboard shortcuts to be set for Add Speed Point, and the drop down menu is always in a different position, so you cannot tell the script where to click.

You could try a different approach where you split the clip, and then set the speed using the Change Clip Speed dialog.

Most of the actions using this approach are accessible via keyboard, and thus scriptable.

You will need to add your own keyboard shortcuts for Change Clip Speed, and perhaps even Selection Follows Playhead, which you'll likely need to toggle on and off during the script.

What I'd do is split the clip using a preset duration (say 1 second, which can easily be scripted with Shift+Right), and apply the speed change to the newly split clip, and by toggling Auto Track Selector and Selection Follows Playhead, delete the split audio and apply the speed change to the video.

With the above taken care off by the macro, all you're left with is to roll the end point of the split to the actual duration you want the sped up clip to be.

eikonoklastes

PostSun May 13, 2018 11:43 am

Here's a preview of the method I described in the previous post:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhyOTAuOwz3Hl_Qy33DzWTLwEwukQQ

(the link is to a video I captured and uploaded to Microsoft OneDrive)

Everything that happens in the video is in real time, nothing has been sped up. I hit the keyboard shortcut for the script after I first move the playhead to where I want the speed change to begin.

Return to Off-Topic